You Can Get Paid $10,000 to Travel the Country and Take Photos of Sunsets This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sunset photos on Instagram are a dime a dozen — but if you’re chosen to be a “sun-tern” for Days Inn by Wyndham, those saturated snapshots will really pay off.
This summer, the company is hiring someone to spend a month traveling around the United States while snapping photographs of the nation’s most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. It’s an all-expenses-paid trip with a $10,000 stipend as extra incentive.
(We can really only think of one summer internship that compares.)
According to the hotel brand’s website, the company will work with the sun-tern to figure out an ideal agenda, though the itinerary will be based on the nearly 1,500 Days Inn locations scattered across the country.
Highlights from the program might include sunset sailings off the coast of Miami and sunrise yoga in San Diego, and Cosmopolitan reported that sun-terns could opt for pre-paid experiences such as zip lining and hot air balloon rides. Rough life.
During the “sun-ternship,” photos will be featured on the hotel brand’s website and dedicated social media channels. And at the program’s conclusion, the very best sun-shots will be framed and displayed in Days Inn rooms nationwide.
Ready to ditch all of your obligations and chase the sun this summer? To apply, you must be a US resident 21 years of age or older, and have at least one month free to travel. You don’t, however, need any official photography expertise: just a passion for travel and the sunny outdoors.
Send your best original outdoor photo and a compelling 100-word bio about why you’re sun-tern material through the application on Wyndham’s website before May 20, and you could be on your way to spending the summer on the road.
Featured image by Resa Cahya/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.