This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sunset photos on Instagram are a dime a dozen — but if you’re chosen to be a “sun-tern” for Days Inn by Wyndham, those saturated snapshots will really pay off.
This summer, the company is hiring someone to spend a month traveling around the United States while snapping photographs of the nation’s most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. It’s an all-expenses-paid trip with a $10,000 stipend as extra incentive.
(We can really only think of one summer internship that compares.)
According to the hotel brand’s website, the company will work with the sun-tern to figure out an ideal agenda, though the itinerary will be based on the nearly 1,500 Days Inn locations scattered across the country.
Highlights from the program might include sunset sailings off the coast of Miami and sunrise yoga in San Diego, and Cosmopolitan reported that sun-terns could opt for pre-paid experiences such as zip lining and hot air balloon rides. Rough life.
During the “sun-ternship,” photos will be featured on the hotel brand’s website and dedicated social media channels. And at the program’s conclusion, the very best sun-shots will be framed and displayed in Days Inn rooms nationwide.
Ready to ditch all of your obligations and chase the sun this summer? To apply, you must be a US resident 21 years of age or older, and have at least one month free to travel. You don’t, however, need any official photography expertise: just a passion for travel and the sunny outdoors.
Send your best original outdoor photo and a compelling 100-word bio about why you’re sun-tern material through the application on Wyndham’s website before May 20, and you could be on your way to spending the summer on the road.
Featured image by Resa Cahya/Unsplash.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards