16 Striking Photos That Showcase the A380’s Opulence
With the news of the world’s largest commercial airliner being axed once final deliveries are made in 2021, we wanted to take a now-nostalgic look back at some of the opulence that the giant jet has enabled. Some of the most extravagant products in the sky were made possible thanks to the A380’s gargantuan interior, including Etihad’s Residence and Apartment suites.
While the A380 will be available to fly for years to come, we’ve likely reached the end of interior innovation within them. Pardon our sniffling — made particularly noticeable on Valentine’s Day — as we peruse a few shots that show off the best of what makes the biggest passenger plane in the world so special.
Dining on Emirates’ A380 is an experience unto itself. This is first class.
A stairway fit for a king. Or, a savvy points and miles enthusiast.
While United may try to cram a self-serve bar like this onto its new-fangled CRJ550 regional jet, the A380 will always hold the crown.
Lie-flats and business class suites are fine, we suppose, but clearly the A380 understood the importance of rest.
Even planes must one day meet their maker.
Blade Runner meets Crayola.
Four engines, an unmistakable paint job and room for 500+ of your closest friends.
The bathroom in a new Park Hyatt? Actually, it’s just a taste of what’s possible aboard an A380.
If you’re planning a trip on an A380, you may want to board early and politely ask for a cockpit picture. You’ll be capturing history.
Don’t ever forget it: the A380 made showers on commercial jets seem totally normal.
With a wingspan of nearly 261 feet, an overall length pushing 239 feet and a height of over 79 feet, the A380 is Brobdingnagian in every meaningful way.
Breakfast in bed on an airplane. High five, A380.
With most flights, you leave the lounge to board. On an A380, you simply walk into a different lounge capable of flying 9,000 miles without stopping.
Several TPG staffers have enjoyed memorable flights on A380s, including JT Genter’s experience in Emirates First Class.
Though, his time in the cockpit at a trade show no doubt rivaled his time in the passenger cabin.
And if you fly it, and sit near the wing, you will get a sense of how truly immense this machine is.
What are you fondest memories of flying on an Airbus A380? Let us know in comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees