Stowaway Bird Snags Singapore Business Class Seat for Free
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s the rare occasion any of us will ever be jealous of a bird. About 12 hours into a Singapore Airlines flight SQ322 from Singapore (SIN) to London (LHR), a bird was found perched on a seat in the carrier’s famous business class.
The bird was found with about two hours remaining in the flight. Aboard an Airbus 380 (a flight we gave a pretty stellar review back in March 2018), the myna bird can be seen playing hard to get in the cabin, flying away from a Singapore staff member as they attempted to seize the stowaway.
Eventually, the fun came to an end when the bird was subsequently caught by the airline crew with the help of some of the passengers on board, according to Airlive. The airline also told Airlive that the myna was handed over to animal quarantine authorities once the aircraft arrived in LHR. We hope all is well with him — and that he at least got to enjoy the lie-flat seats, onboard Wi-Fi and a complimentary glass of champagne before he was found out.
Featured image by Konstantin Shapiro via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.