Stowaway Bird Catches a Qatar Flight to Doha
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a bird, it’s a plane— nope it’s a bird on a plane. Passengers on a Qatar Airways flight from Bangkok (BKK) to Doha (DOH) had a surprise stowaway on Saturday when a bird flew aboard and stayed inside the aircraft for the entire trip.
Jake Buckingham, a passenger on the flight, captured a video of the small bird flying around the aisles and over passengers heads. The bird was a stowaway from Bangkok and did not seem to have an owner. Four hours into the flight, the bird appeared from the overhead bin.
Buckingham told the Daily Mail that the flight’s cabin crew did not acknowledge or alert passengers about the stowaway bird and noted that there was no official announcement. There was a bit of a commotion when the bird first appeared, Buckingham said, but then passengers quickly became adjusted to the intruder.
The bird flew around the aircraft for about two and half hours until the plane landed in Doha.
Featured photo by Bruce Jastrow on Unsplash
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.