This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning a trip anytime soon, you’re going to want to check your Amex Offers for a nice new deal: $60 cashback for spending $300 at Starwood Preferred Guest Hotels and Resorts.
If you aren’t familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals specifically for American Express cardholders, such as 20,000 bonus points for spending $1,000+ with Air France or KLM, 10,000 bonus points for spending $600+ on hotels through Amex Travel, $20 cashback for spending $100+ at Best Western, up to 20% cash back on Delta flights and more.
Now through September 4, targeted cardholders can get $60 cashback by “using your enrolled Card to spending $300+ on room rate and room charges”:
The downside is that this offer is only valid “in the US and US territories.” While almost all SPG hotel brands are eligible, this offer excludes “Design Hotels™, all Marriott brand hotel properties, residences, Vistana Vacation, and all timeshares.” Also, you’re going to need to pay the hotel directly. So, this excludes prepaid bookings made through online travel agencies such as AmexTravel.com, meaning unfortunately you’ll have to forgo the 5x points earnings on The Platinum Card® from American Express.
While some Amex Offers have two versions — a cashback offer and a bonus points offer — I’m only seeing a cashback offer on all of my eligible cards.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will have this AmexTravel offer in their account. In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer.
For reference, I’m targeted for this particular offer on all five of my Amex cards:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll in the offers you want before making your purchases.
This offer also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account(s) for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex. For reference, here are some of the travel offers on my Platinum Card:
Note that this offer isn’t available to Amex cards not issued by American Express. These “third-party cards” issued by banks such as Wells Fargo, BBVA, Fidelity and PenFed are now eligible to sign-up for a much smaller list of Amex Offers.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Featured image courtesy of The Westin Resort Nusa Dua Bali
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees