This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning a trip anytime soon, you’re going to want to check your Amex Offers for a nice new deal: $60 cashback for spending $300 at Starwood Preferred Guest Hotels and Resorts.
If you aren’t familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals specifically for American Express cardholders, such as 20,000 bonus points for spending $1,000+ with Air France or KLM, 10,000 bonus points for spending $600+ on hotels through Amex Travel, $20 cashback for spending $100+ at Best Western, up to 20% cash back on Delta flights and more.
Now through September 4, targeted cardholders can get $60 cashback by “using your enrolled Card to spending $300+ on room rate and room charges”:
The downside is that this offer is only valid “in the US and US territories.” While almost all SPG hotel brands are eligible, this offer excludes “Design Hotels™, all Marriott brand hotel properties, residences, Vistana Vacation, and all timeshares.” Also, you’re going to need to pay the hotel directly. So, this excludes prepaid bookings made through online travel agencies such as AmexTravel.com, meaning unfortunately you’ll have to forgo the 5x points earnings on The Platinum Card® from American Express.
While some Amex Offers have two versions — a cashback offer and a bonus points offer — I’m only seeing a cashback offer on all of my eligible cards.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will have this AmexTravel offer in their account. In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer.
For reference, I’m targeted for this particular offer on all five of my Amex cards:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll in the offers you want before making your purchases.
This offer also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account(s) for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex. For reference, here are some of the travel offers on my Platinum Card:
Note that this offer isn’t available to Amex cards not issued by American Express. These “third-party cards” issued by banks such as Wells Fargo, BBVA, Fidelity and PenFed are now eligible to sign-up for a much smaller list of Amex Offers.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Featured image courtesy of The Westin Resort Nusa Dua Bali
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards