This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in the market for luggage, Tuesday would be a good day to buy since there’s a great opportunity to save some serious cash.
To take advantage of this deal, you’ll have to do a bit of stacking. First you’ll want to check your American Express cards to see if you’re eligible for the Amex Offer of $20 back after spending $100 or more at eBags. If you do have it, add it to your card and you’ll be all set. I found it on my American Express® Gold Card.
Second, airline and other shopping portals currently have high rates when shopping at eBags. Check cashbackmonitor.com and click through the portal or your choice. Top Cashback is currently offering 15% back or you can go through the Chase Portal for 10x Ultimate Rewards per dollar spent (a 20% return based on TPG’s valuations).
Finally, eBags currently has a sale offering 40% off many items across the website. Use the code FLASH at checkout for discount. Do note that not all bags are eligible for the discount and the sale ends Tuesday at 12am MT.
Here’s an example of how much you can save. Take this Samsonite checked luggage that normally retails for $179.99, but drops down to $108 after using the discount code. After you pay with an American Express card that has the $20 Amex Offer, your net effective price goes down to $88. And if you went through the Ultimate Rewards portal, you’d get 1,080 Ultimate Rewards points, worth about $22.
If you can’t make a decision by Tuesday night, eBags consistently runs big sales so you shouldn’t have trouble finding another promotion before the Amex Offer expires on Jan. 15, 2019.
If you do have the offer on your The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express, you’ll want to use that since it offers the highest return on everyday spend. All American Express cards are part of the Amex Offers program, including:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express,
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by ULU_BIRD/Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees