This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you a passionate about points and miles? Do you live in a constant state of wanderlust? Can you tell the difference between an A320 and an A321? The Points Guy is looking for you.
TPG is hiring spring interns to join our editorial team. This isn’t your average internship — there will be no running errands or grabbing coffee. Instead, you’ll walk away from the experience with an understanding of how a fast-paced newsroom works, tons of clips and real-world writing chops.
Whether you’re a points and miles enthusiast with a wallet full of credit cards, a true AvGeek who dreams of planes or someone who just loves to travel, we’re looking to fill a number of open internship positions. And, you don’t need to be based in the NYC area to apply — we’re also looking at hiring interns to work remotely.
Editorial interns will monitor travel industry news, research various topics, attend daily edit meetings and write news posts for. Ability to work on tight deadlines with clean copy is required. We’re looking for interns for the paid, 20-40 hours per week (flexible) commitment.
- Ability to work from our NYC office in Manhattan’s Flatiron District or remotely
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and WordPress
- Knowledge of aviation and points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Ability to write quickly and work with a team
- A constant state of wanderlust
- Photography/video skills are appreciated
Time Commitment and Compensation
A minimum of 20 (and up to 40) hours per week is required. There is flexibility with n the internship start and end dates. And we pay our interns!
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you like us and why we would like you, and three clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Other Opportunities at TPG
TPG is always looking to add experts to our growing editorial team. If you have knowledge of points and miles, credit cards and loyalty programs and think you’d be a good fit as a TPG contributor, email email@example.com. Be sure to include a summary of your points and miles knowledge, applicable clips and your resume.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees