Spirit Airlines adds 3 new routes to Cancun
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spirit Airlines is on a roll adding new routes, with plans to connect Cancun with Cleveland, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh next year.
The ultra-low-cost-carrier will fly between Cancun (CUN) and Cleveland (CLE) from Feb. 14, Philadelphia (PHL) from March 1, and Pittsburgh (PIT) from Feb. 13, Spirit said on Wednesday. The Cleveland route will operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; the Philadelphia route daily; and the Pittsburgh route on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Spirit flies Airbus A320 family aircraft.
The three new Cancun routes follow similar announcements from Austin (AUS), Nashville (BNA) and San Juan (SJU) in recent days. The additions include three new routes from both Austin and Nashville — including new flights to Cancun — and two new routes from San Juan.
Spirit faces competition on all three of its new Cancun routes. Frontier Airlines serves the Cleveland route; American Airlines and Frontier the Philadelphia route; and Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines the Pittsburgh route, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
The new routes come as Spirit focuses on improving the customer experience. It unveiled new seats in September, and is planning to unveil and aircraft cabin update in November, and a new frequent flier program in the coming months.
Featured image by JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee