Spirit Airlines adds 3 new routes to Cancun
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spirit Airlines is on a roll adding new routes, with plans to connect Cancun with Cleveland, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh next year.
The ultra-low-cost-carrier will fly between Cancun (CUN) and Cleveland (CLE) from Feb. 14, Philadelphia (PHL) from March 1, and Pittsburgh (PIT) from Feb. 13, Spirit said on Wednesday. The Cleveland route will operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; the Philadelphia route daily; and the Pittsburgh route on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Spirit flies Airbus A320 family aircraft.
The three new Cancun routes follow similar announcements from Austin (AUS), Nashville (BNA) and San Juan (SJU) in recent days. The additions include three new routes from both Austin and Nashville — including new flights to Cancun — and two new routes from San Juan.
Spirit faces competition on all three of its new Cancun routes. Frontier Airlines serves the Cleveland route; American Airlines and Frontier the Philadelphia route; and Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines the Pittsburgh route, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
The new routes come as Spirit focuses on improving the customer experience. It unveiled new seats in September, and is planning to unveil and aircraft cabin update in November, and a new frequent flier program in the coming months.
Featured image by JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.