This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spice Girls stans, we have some good news. To celebrate the iconic girl band’s return to the stage (sans Posh, unfortunately), the actual bus from the 1997 film “Spice World” has been converted into a stylish Airbnb — and it’s taking reservations for $130 per night.
Can anybody say zig-ah-zig-ah?
Stationed at Wembley Park in London, the exterior of the double-decker tour bus is still outfitted in its original Union Jack colors just like in the film. Guests are not allowed to drive the bus, and it must stay parked at Wembley. However, the listing does come with 24-hour security stationed just outside.
The interior of the bus has been retrofitted into a contemporary apartment space. “I’m a huge fan of the band and have tried to include as many little touches as possible inspired by the girls and their music, to make the inside just as iconic as the outside,” writes the Airbnb host on the listing’s description.
Some of those little, Spice Girls touches include a basket of scrunchies, decorative disco balls, animal print carpet, a neon sign that reads “Girl Power” and an array of throwback magazines and CDs. The Airbnb host also encourages guests to embrace the funky, 90s spirit of the Spice Girls during their stay. Like, it’s time to break out your all-denim outfit, your sky-high platform boots and the tattoo chokers you’ve hidden (likely in shame) in the back of your closet. However, unfortunately for more hardcore Spice World aficionados, the ceiling swing, stationary bike, bean bag chairs and mini fashion runway have been swapped out.
As for the rest of the two-floor apartment, the space sleeps three guests (one queen bed and a day bed), temporary bathroom located a few steps outside the bus, complimentary water and snacks and 24-hour security during the stay. Kids only over 12 are permitted to stay in the Spice World bus, and height restrictions are about 1.7 metres (5’6 feet) so if you consider yourself tall — watch your head.
The first bookable dates for the Spice Bus will go live on Airbnb May 22 at 8 a.m. BST for June 14 and 15. However, INSIDER reported that since the host is anticipating the listing to be extremely popular — additional dates will be added as well. The bookings will cost £99 or $128 per night. Book here.
In addition to spicing up your life — wanna spice up your points and miles game? Make your reservation with a card that earns you bonus points on Airbnb bookings, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points). For more info on the best credit cards for Airbnb, check out our guide here.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards