Earn up to 30,000 Bonus Points With SPG American Express Card (Targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
American Express is offering targeted cardholders of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express bonus points for meeting a minimum spending requirement.
As of Friday morning, there are two known targeted SPG bonuses for meeting spend — please comment and share the details if you’ve received something different. For both, you must register for the promotion and charge the applicable amount by October 31, 2018. Note also that because the SPG program and Marriott Rewards program will officially become one as of Saturday, August 18, these points are in the new Marriott program, not Starpoints. When the Marriott merger takes place, Starpoint balances will be combined with Marriott point balances and multiplied by 3.
The first tiered promotion allows targeted cardholders to earn up to 30,000 bonus points. It breaks down as such: You’ll earn 20,000 points after spending $10,000 in eligible purchases and an additional 10,000 points after spending an additional $5,000.
To see if you were targeted for this promo, log in to your Amex account on this page. If you were targeted, you’ll need to register by September 9, and meet the minimum spending requirements by October 31 in order to get the maximum 30,000 points. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, 30,000 Marriott Rewards points are worth $270.
The other tiered promotion is offering a maximum of 10,000 bonus points. It breaks down as such: You’ll earn 6,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in eligible purchases and an additional 4,000 points after spending an additional $1,000. To check to see if you were targeted, visit this page and log in to your Amex account. If you were targeted, you’ll need to register by September 9, and meet the minimum spending requirements by October 31. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the maximum 10,000 points are worth $90.
If you were targeted for either of these promotions, it’s likely that you’ll also receive an email from American Express. Regardless, it could be worth checking each of the offers individually to see if your account is eligible. Just remember that the bonus points you’ll earn are Marriott points, since the SPG program is about to end.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 6 points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels and 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees