This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Capital One ended 2018 on a very strong note, introducing airline transfer partners for its miles-earning cards and launching a best-ever sign-up offer of up to 200,000 miles on the Capital One Spark Miles for Business. The issuer has just added an end date to this incredible offer: Jan. 28. So if you’re able to earn the full bonus, mark that date in your calendar and make sure to apply in time.
Before you fire up that application page, note that earning the full 200,000-mile bonus requires a lot of spending. You’ll earn 50,000 miles after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months, and another 150,000 miles after you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months. This is a business credit card, and many companies can easily charge that amount or more in 6 months, but you’ll have to assess whether or not meeting both minimum spending requirements is doable for you.
If you can spend $50,000 in the first 6 months, you’ll earn an incredible 300,000 miles — 200,000 miles from the sign-up bonus and another 100,000 miles because the Spark Miles earns 2x miles on all purchases. TPG values Capital One miles at 1.4 cents apiece, so you’re looking at a whopping $4,200 in value from those 300,000 miles.
The card has a $95 annual fee that’s waived the first year, and no foreign transaction fees. The Spark Miles offers a modest selection of business-oriented perks such as free employee cards and downloadable purchase records, but the main reason most readers will consider this card is that the 300,000 miles you’ll earn from this sign-up bonus unlock some great redemption opportunities with Capital One’s airline partners. You could transfer your 300,000 miles to Etihad Guest (at a 2:1.5 ratio) and book four one-way business-class flights to Europe on American Airlines, or to Avianca LifeMiles and book 30 one-way short-haul economy flights on United, among other options.
We’ll follow up with reminders as the Jan. 28 end date approaches. If you can meet the minimum spending requirements on the Spark Miles and can find value in Capital One’s transfer partners, this incredible 200,000-mile could absolutely be worth jumping on.
Highest bonus offer ever! Earn up to 200,000 miles with this business card plus 2x miles on all purchases.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase, every day
- Earn up to 200,000 miles. Earn a bonus of 50,000 miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account
- Plus, earn 150,000 miles when you spend $50,000 within the first 6 months. Limited Time Offer
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
- Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
- No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions