Targeted Southwest promotion: Earn up to 12,000 bonus points for flying
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Check your Southwest account! There’s a targeted promotion making the rounds, and it can net you up to 12,000 bonus Southwest points.
Southwest is already a TPG favorite. The airline offers cheap fares to fun destinations like Hawaii, Cancun and Aruba. They also have super customer-friendly policies, like two free checked bags per person and free changes and cancellations up to 10 minutes before takeoff. With this newest promotion, they’re rewarding travelers purchasing Anytime/Business Select fares through March 31, 2020. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Fly one round-trip — 2,000 points
- Fly two round-trips — 4,000 points
- Fly three round-trips — 6,000 points
These points are in addition to the points you’ll earn anyway. Southwest points are worth 1.5 cents each according to TPG’s latest valuations, so 12,000 points (the most you can earn with this promo) is worth about $180 in Southwest airfare.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Travel booked or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for this offer. However, because Southwest allows travelers to cancel flights for free, you could cancel and re-book your flight after registering.
TPG Senior Reporter Katherine Fan initially discovered the promo in her account, and I’ve got it in my account as well. Here’s what you need to know:
- You must book and complete your travel by March 31, 2020
- Only members who receive this offer are eligible (the promotion is non-transferable)
- You must register before you book your travel
- Only revenue Anytime and Business Select fares qualify for this promotion (flights paid for with points are ineligible)
- You must book round-trip flights. Each round-trip counts as one “qualifying flight”
- Points will deposit within four days of completing your round trip
That’s quite a list of exclusions — but it doesn’t stop there. These bonus points will not count toward the Southwest Companion Pass or any Southwest elite status. If you’re chasing the Companion Pass, you’ll need to look elsewhere to accrue the 125,000 qualifying Southwest points you need.
The personal Southwest credit cards current offer:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card
You’ll earn 40,000 qualifying Southwest points after meeting spending requirements:
- 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of card membership
Note that you can only have one Southwest personal card at a time. However, you can have both a Southwest personal card and a business card at the same time (the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card or Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card) which makes it easy to earn enough points for the Companion Pass.
The information for the Southwest Performance Business card, Southwest Premier Business card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Jim Watson/AFP.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees