Southwest treating its passengers to a free drink for Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hopping on a Southwest Airlines flight today? Good news. Southwest is looking to make your day extra spooktacular by offering a free premium beverage to anyone 21+ years old. The offer is valid today only (Oct. 31) and flyers can find more details on their seatback menu.
A few years ago, Southwest passed out bags of candy to passengers flying on Halloween. And they have a history of offering free drinks on certain holidays. Officially, Southwest likes to keep these dates a surprise, but in the past, they’ve offered free drinks on New Years Day, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving and more.
It’s always nice when airlines go out of their way to treat passengers. Small gestures like this can go a long way when it comes to customer satisfaction. Sure, you might not be flying in first class, but you’ll likely feel a little fancier with a Bloody Mary in hand.
If you aren’t flying today and find yourself toward the rear of the plane more often than not, don’t fret. Check out our guide to drinking for free in economy. Or consider earning a welcome bonus (or two!) on one of the best travel rewards credit cards. You could be flying in a premium seat sooner than you ever imagined, just not on Southwest where one type of seat fits all.
Featured image by NextNewMedia/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees