Southwest treating its passengers to a free drink for Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hopping on a Southwest Airlines flight today? Good news. Southwest is looking to make your day extra spooktacular by offering a free premium beverage to anyone 21+ years old. The offer is valid today only (Oct. 31) and flyers can find more details on their seatback menu.
A few years ago, Southwest passed out bags of candy to passengers flying on Halloween. And they have a history of offering free drinks on certain holidays. Officially, Southwest likes to keep these dates a surprise, but in the past, they’ve offered free drinks on New Years Day, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving and more.
It’s always nice when airlines go out of their way to treat passengers. Small gestures like this can go a long way when it comes to customer satisfaction. Sure, you might not be flying in first class, but you’ll likely feel a little fancier with a Bloody Mary in hand.
If you aren’t flying today and find yourself toward the rear of the plane more often than not, don’t fret. Check out our guide to drinking for free in economy. Or consider earning a welcome bonus (or two!) on one of the best travel rewards credit cards. You could be flying in a premium seat sooner than you ever imagined, just not on Southwest where one type of seat fits all.
Featured image by NextNewMedia/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.