Southwest Extends Promotion to Earn Double Rapid Rewards Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest has extended its double points promotion to last through the end of June. The carrier launched the National Double Points Promotion in April, allowing members to earn double points on all flights until June 13, 2018. The expiration date for the promotion, however, has since been extended until June 30, 2018.
In order to earn the double Rapid Rewards points, you must book and fly by June 30, and registration is required in order to get the bonus points. To register, go to Southwest.com and log in to your Rapid Rewards account. Then, click on the My Account icon and through to the Promotions tab. There, you should see the offer. Click Register, and you’re all set to earn 2x Rapid Rewards on flights during the promotional period.
With this promotion, you’ll earn 24 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select fares (normally 12), 20 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime fares (normally 10) and 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away fares (normally six).
Unfortunately, the terms and conditions state that the double points can only be earned from new flights — only those booked after registering for the promotion. In addition, the travel must be completed by June 30, 2018, in order to earn the 2x points. Also, bonus points earned as part of this promotion don’t count toward A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualification, and charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages and reward travel don’t qualify for the double points.
H/T: Deals We Like
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.