Southwest Extends Promotion to Earn Double Rapid Rewards Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest has extended its double points promotion to last through the end of June. The carrier launched the National Double Points Promotion in April, allowing members to earn double points on all flights until June 13, 2018. The expiration date for the promotion, however, has since been extended until June 30, 2018.
In order to earn the double Rapid Rewards points, you must book and fly by June 30, and registration is required in order to get the bonus points. To register, go to Southwest.com and log in to your Rapid Rewards account. Then, click on the My Account icon and through to the Promotions tab. There, you should see the offer. Click Register, and you’re all set to earn 2x Rapid Rewards on flights during the promotional period.
With this promotion, you’ll earn 24 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select fares (normally 12), 20 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime fares (normally 10) and 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away fares (normally six).
Unfortunately, the terms and conditions state that the double points can only be earned from new flights — only those booked after registering for the promotion. In addition, the travel must be completed by June 30, 2018, in order to earn the 2x points. Also, bonus points earned as part of this promotion don’t count toward A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualification, and charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages and reward travel don’t qualify for the double points.
H/T: Deals We Like
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees