A New Way to Get Your Hands on the Southwest Companion Pass, January Valuations, Safety During the Government Shutdown and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
But the offer only lasts through February 11.
Find out why TPG valued IHG Rewards differently this month.
There are ways to get around it, like plopping your kid on a luggage cart, for one.
The lengthy government shutdown has caused a stir at airports, posing questions regarding safety.
These are the best ways to avoid stress and sickness everywhere you go this year.
Budget hotel. . . but make it Disney.
Foodies rejoice! Your dining experience with Capital One just got better.
So you can finally get that new credit card you’ve been eyeing.
Your move, Southwest.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Opens New John S. McCain III Terminal 3
“It’s very bittersweet, obviously, I wish he were here. He would have loved this more than anything,” said Cindy McCain.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.