A New Way to Get Your Hands on the Southwest Companion Pass, January Valuations, Safety During the Government Shutdown and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
But the offer only lasts through February 11.
Find out why TPG valued IHG Rewards differently this month.
There are ways to get around it, like plopping your kid on a luggage cart, for one.
The lengthy government shutdown has caused a stir at airports, posing questions regarding safety.
These are the best ways to avoid stress and sickness everywhere you go this year.
Budget hotel. . . but make it Disney.
Foodies rejoice! Your dining experience with Capital One just got better.
So you can finally get that new credit card you’ve been eyeing.
Your move, Southwest.
“It’s very bittersweet, obviously, I wish he were here. He would have loved this more than anything,” said Cindy McCain.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee