A New Way to Get Your Hands on the Southwest Companion Pass, January Valuations, Safety During the Government Shutdown and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
But the offer only lasts through February 11.
Find out why TPG valued IHG Rewards differently this month.
There are ways to get around it, like plopping your kid on a luggage cart, for one.
The lengthy government shutdown has caused a stir at airports, posing questions regarding safety.
These are the best ways to avoid stress and sickness everywhere you go this year.
Budget hotel. . . but make it Disney.
Foodies rejoice! Your dining experience with Capital One just got better.
So you can finally get that new credit card you’ve been eyeing.
Your move, Southwest.
“It’s very bittersweet, obviously, I wish he were here. He would have loved this more than anything,” said Cindy McCain.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.