Fantastic deal for one day only: Earn 50x with your Southwest credit card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to earn some extra Southwest points fast, make sure to set a reminder for tomorrow, Friday, June 11. For one day and one day only, Southwest Airlines is offering its cobranded cardmembers a generous opportunity to easily earn 5,000 Rapid Rewards points.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
As part of its 50th-anniversary celebration, Southwest is allowing all Rapid Rewards credit cardholders to earn 50 points per dollar spent on Southwest purchases. However, this promotion will only last for one day from Friday, June 11 at 12:00am ET to 11:59pm ET.
No registration is required to take part. However, you must own one of the following Southwest credit cards: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card or Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card.
Cardholders can only earn points on a maximum of $100 in purchases, which will give you a total of 5,000 points. This promotion is on top of the 2 points per dollar Southwest cards currently earn on purchases directly with the airline, so cardholders will receive an additional 48 points to reach the 50x point promotion.
Keep in mind, regular purchases like groceries and dining will not count towards this promotion. Only purchases made directly with Southwest Airlines are valid, however this can include Southwest flights, in-flight purchases, Southwest vacation packages and purchases made through the Rapid Rewards Center.
TPG values Southwest Rapid Rewards points at 1.5 cents. So, if you were to earn all 5,000 points, that’s worth about $75 — a great return on your Southwest spend.
You can also qualify by purchasing a Southwest gift card, which never expires, so you can plan ahead for future travel.
Southwest estimates about eight weeks for bonus points to your Rapid Rewards account, so you’ll have to wait a while before using them on your next trip. Luckily, Rapid Rewards points never expire.
To be able to earn 50 points per dollar on Southwest Airlines purchases (up to $100 max) and net 5,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points (worth around $75 per TPG valuations) is an excellent deal for Southwest cobranded cardholders. So mark your calendars, because this is an easy opportunity to earn a nice chunk of Rapid Rewards points and the promotion will only last for one day and one day only.
Additional reporting by Juan Ruiz
Featured photo by Phillip B. Espinasse/Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees