Southwest Adds Routes, Extends Booking Schedule to October 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest Airlines extended its flight schedule today through Oct. 1, 2019 — and no, Hawaii is not on the airline’s published schedule (yet). However, there are two new nonstop routes, as well as the return of some seasonal service.
Beginning on Aug. 10, 2019, Southwest will launch Saturday-only service from Dallas Love Field (DAL) and the Texas beach town Corpus Christi (CRP). Service is also launching on Saturdays and Sundays between Richmond (RIC) and Tampa (TPA).
Also beginning on Aug. 10, 2019, Southwest will bring back seasonal Saturdays service between:
- Hartford, Conn. and Fort Lauderdale
- Buffalo and Fort Lauderdale
- Boise and Chicago Midway
- Newark and Orlando
- Richmond and Orlando
- Milwaukee and Seattle
- Des Moines and Phoenix (weekend service)
Now Is the Time to Book
If there is a Southwest trip you know you want to take on the newly extended schedule, now is a great time to book. With Southwest, if the fare you booked goes on sale down the line, you can reprice for the lower amount and get a credit to use on a future flight. If you booked an award and the points price drops, you can reprice and get the difference in award price refunded with no fees. Of course, you can also cancel your entire reservation paid with cash or points without penalty if your plans change.
On March 13, 2019, Southwest is scheduled to extend their booking calendar through November 2, 2019. Fingers crossed that Southwest will have the necessary approvals to operate flights to Hawaii and can add those flights to the schedule at that time. On the company’s most recent earnings call, Southwest stated that flights to Hawaii are still technically possible in the first quarter of 2019, but are more likely to launch in the second quarter of the year at this point due to delays related to the recent government shutdown.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.