Southwest Adds Routes, Extends Booking Schedule to October 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest Airlines extended its flight schedule today through Oct. 1, 2019 — and no, Hawaii is not on the airline’s published schedule (yet). However, there are two new nonstop routes, as well as the return of some seasonal service.
Beginning on Aug. 10, 2019, Southwest will launch Saturday-only service from Dallas Love Field (DAL) and the Texas beach town Corpus Christi (CRP). Service is also launching on Saturdays and Sundays between Richmond (RIC) and Tampa (TPA).
Also beginning on Aug. 10, 2019, Southwest will bring back seasonal Saturdays service between:
- Hartford, Conn. and Fort Lauderdale
- Buffalo and Fort Lauderdale
- Boise and Chicago Midway
- Newark and Orlando
- Richmond and Orlando
- Milwaukee and Seattle
- Des Moines and Phoenix (weekend service)
Now Is the Time to Book
If there is a Southwest trip you know you want to take on the newly extended schedule, now is a great time to book. With Southwest, if the fare you booked goes on sale down the line, you can reprice for the lower amount and get a credit to use on a future flight. If you booked an award and the points price drops, you can reprice and get the difference in award price refunded with no fees. Of course, you can also cancel your entire reservation paid with cash or points without penalty if your plans change.
On March 13, 2019, Southwest is scheduled to extend their booking calendar through November 2, 2019. Fingers crossed that Southwest will have the necessary approvals to operate flights to Hawaii and can add those flights to the schedule at that time. On the company’s most recent earnings call, Southwest stated that flights to Hawaii are still technically possible in the first quarter of 2019, but are more likely to launch in the second quarter of the year at this point due to delays related to the recent government shutdown.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees