Southwest Flight 1380 Crew Set to Meet With President Trump
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, President Trump is set to meet with the crew of the fatal Southwest Airlines flight that made an emergency landing due to an engine explosion earlier this month.
Crew members of Southwest Flight 1380 will head to the White House for a meeting with Trump on Tuesday. Southwest confirmed to TPG that the crew was invited to the White House. No further details were available from either the White House or Southwest Airlines.
It’s not clear what the purpose of the meeting will be, and nor was it clear which of the five crew members who were operating the flight were invited to the meeting.
Tuesday’s meeting comes exactly two weeks after the Southwest flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Philadelphia (PHL) after one of the 737-700’s engines exploded mid-flight, sending shrapnel toward the fuselage, ultimately breaking a window. One passenger, Jennifer Riordan, 43, was partially sucked out of the window and was later pronounced dead. The flight was piloted by Captain Tammie Jo Shults, who has been deemed a hero for keeping her composure during the incident.
Last week, Southwest CEO Gary Kelly said that bookings have slowed following the incident, a trend he expects to continue through the second quarter.
H/T: The Hill
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.