Southwest Flight 1380 Crew Set to Meet With President Trump
On Tuesday, President Trump is set to meet with the crew of the fatal Southwest Airlines flight that made an emergency landing due to an engine explosion earlier this month.
Crew members of Southwest Flight 1380 will head to the White House for a meeting with Trump on Tuesday. Southwest confirmed to TPG that the crew was invited to the White House. No further details were available from either the White House or Southwest Airlines.
It’s not clear what the purpose of the meeting will be, and nor was it clear which of the five crew members who were operating the flight were invited to the meeting.
Tuesday’s meeting comes exactly two weeks after the Southwest flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Philadelphia (PHL) after one of the 737-700’s engines exploded mid-flight, sending shrapnel toward the fuselage, ultimately breaking a window. One passenger, Jennifer Riordan, 43, was partially sucked out of the window and was later pronounced dead. The flight was piloted by Captain Tammie Jo Shults, who has been deemed a hero for keeping her composure during the incident.
Last week, Southwest CEO Gary Kelly said that bookings have slowed following the incident, a trend he expects to continue through the second quarter.
H/T: The Hill
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees