AA’s Snowball Express Returns to Bring a Little Holiday Spirit to Families of Fallen Military Service Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Gary Sinise Foundation’s Snowball Express, which gathers Gold Star families of fallen US military service members together at Disney World for five days of support and fun, was once again in full swing this weekend — and they certainly had the weather for it. This year, American Airlines flew 1,722 children and their guardians to Orlando for the event. AA reports that around 1,000 employees volunteered their time, which the company says is an employee favorite — and it’s clear that’s the case.
12 AA chartered flights gathered the families from all over the United States for the journey down to Orlando (MCO).
Sinise, who famously played the Lieutenant Dan in the movie Forrest Gump, has been involved with the Snowball Express for 12 years, and last year made it an official program of his foundation.
The trip is about more than just fun (although we’re pretty sure most families were looking forward to events like the Lt. Dan Band concert). It also is an opportunity for these families to find support. The Gary Sinise Foundation supports veterans, first responders and their families, and provides resources for counseling, college scholarships and help with medical and military benefits. For more information visit the foundation’s website.
Featured Image by @RossFeinstein via Twitter
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.