AA’s Snowball Express Returns to Bring a Little Holiday Spirit to Families of Fallen Military Service Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Gary Sinise Foundation’s Snowball Express, which gathers Gold Star families of fallen US military service members together at Disney World for five days of support and fun, was once again in full swing this weekend — and they certainly had the weather for it. This year, American Airlines flew 1,722 children and their guardians to Orlando for the event. AA reports that around 1,000 employees volunteered their time, which the company says is an employee favorite — and it’s clear that’s the case.
12 AA chartered flights gathered the families from all over the United States for the journey down to Orlando (MCO).
Sinise, who famously played the Lieutenant Dan in the movie Forrest Gump, has been involved with the Snowball Express for 12 years, and last year made it an official program of his foundation.
The trip is about more than just fun (although we’re pretty sure most families were looking forward to events like the Lt. Dan Band concert). It also is an opportunity for these families to find support. The Gary Sinise Foundation supports veterans, first responders and their families, and provides resources for counseling, college scholarships and help with medical and military benefits. For more information visit the foundation’s website.
Featured Image by @RossFeinstein via Twitter
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees