Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) Is Making Changes to Its Loyalty Program
Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) has announced changes to its Invited loyalty program. Unfortunately, like most changes to hotel loyalty programs, the changes mean removing benefits for members rather than adding new ones. Here’s what you need to know:
- New tier name: The program’s entry level tier is being renamed from ‘Invited’ to ‘Intrigued’
- Status will be based on number of nights rather than the number of stays a member completes
- Complimentary breakfast is now limited only to members in the top two program tiers
- Late check out will now only be available until 2 p.m., rather than 3 p.m.
These new changes will start on September 10, 2019. TPG reached out to Hyatt, who has a partnership with SLH, to find out if these changes would mean changes for World of Hyatt members. TPG was able to confirm with Hyatt that the changes to the SLH program will have no effect on World of Hyatt members who book SLH properties through Hyatt. So, if you’re a World of Hyatt member booking a SLH property through Hyatt, perks such as free breakfast will still be included, regardless of your status.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Photo by Zach Honig/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.