Registration for MegaDo, the Biggest Event for AvGeeks, Is Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MegaDo, one of the largest annual aviation events, is quickly approaching. Each year, the event gives AvGeeks an all-access look at the inner workings of airport operations, hangar parties, private chartered flights and much more. It truly is a week of any AvGeek’s dreams.
This year, the SkyTeam MegaDo — the first-ever SkyTeam-branded event — will take place from October 11-17. Ultimately, you’ll travel from Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) to Prague (PRG) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI) and finally to Barcelona (BCN). Along the way, you’ll be able to go behind the scenes with airlines like KLM and Air Europa, meeting employees, experiencing specially chartered flights and even taking part in a hangar party. Plus, the pre-game party (October 11-14) will allow you to go backstage with Delta and Boeing in Seattle.
One of the best parts of all is that the event is extremely reasonably priced. And, you can register now, with the full experience (starting in Seattle) in economy priced at $999, the experience in premium economy priced at $1,199 and business class priced at $1,799.
In 2017, TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig attended the Star Alliance MegaDo and had an incredible experience. Check out what it was like, here:
- 5 Things I’ll Never Forget From the World’s Top AvGeek Event
- MegaDo Day 1: Flying a Bankrupt Airline From New York to Rome
- MegaDo Day 2: Austrian, New Airplane Seats and the World’s Best Airline Catering
- MegaDo Day 3: Three Countries in One Day, and a Very Special A320 Charter
- MegaDo Day 4: Waking up to a Canceled Flight, Park Hyatt Mallorca and More
Plus, we have good news for TPG readers. If you’re interested in going to MegaDo later this year, you’ll be pleased to know that just like last year, we’ll be giving one lucky reader a ticket to join us on the trip. Closer to the event date, we’ll hold a contest for one reader to join us — so stay tuned!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.