This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MegaDo, one of the largest annual aviation events, is quickly approaching. Each year, the event gives AvGeeks an all-access look at the inner workings of airport operations, hangar parties, private chartered flights and much more. It truly is a week of any AvGeek’s dreams.
This year, the SkyTeam MegaDo — the first-ever SkyTeam-branded event — will take place from October 11-17. Ultimately, you’ll travel from Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) to Prague (PRG) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI) and finally to Barcelona (BCN). Along the way, you’ll be able to go behind the scenes with airlines like KLM and Air Europa, meeting employees, experiencing specially chartered flights and even taking part in a hangar party. Plus, the pre-game party (October 11-14) will allow you to go backstage with Delta and Boeing in Seattle.
One of the best parts of all is that the event is extremely reasonably priced. And, you can register now, with the full experience (starting in Seattle) in economy priced at $999, the experience in premium economy priced at $1,199 and business class priced at $1,799.
In 2017, TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig attended the Star Alliance MegaDo and had an incredible experience. Check out what it was like, here:
- 5 Things I’ll Never Forget From the World’s Top AvGeek Event
- MegaDo Day 1: Flying a Bankrupt Airline From New York to Rome
- MegaDo Day 2: Austrian, New Airplane Seats and the World’s Best Airline Catering
- MegaDo Day 3: Three Countries in One Day, and a Very Special A320 Charter
- MegaDo Day 4: Waking up to a Canceled Flight, Park Hyatt Mallorca and More
Plus, we have good news for TPG readers. If you’re interested in going to MegaDo later this year, you’ll be pleased to know that just like last year, we’ll be giving one lucky reader a ticket to join us on the trip. Closer to the event date, we’ll hold a contest for one reader to join us — so stay tuned!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees