This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MegaDo, one of the largest annual aviation events, is quickly approaching. Each year, the event gives AvGeeks an all-access look at the inner workings of airport operations, hangar parties, private chartered flights and much more. It truly is a week of any AvGeek’s dreams.
This year, the SkyTeam MegaDo — the first-ever SkyTeam-branded event — will take place from October 11-17. Ultimately, you’ll travel from Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) to Prague (PRG) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI) and finally to Barcelona (BCN). Along the way, you’ll be able to go behind the scenes with airlines like KLM and Air Europa, meeting employees, experiencing specially chartered flights and even taking part in a hangar party. Plus, the pre-game party (October 11-14) will allow you to go backstage with Delta and Boeing in Seattle.
One of the best parts of all is that the event is extremely reasonably priced. And, you can register now, with the full experience (starting in Seattle) in economy priced at $999, the experience in premium economy priced at $1,199 and business class priced at $1,799.
In 2017, TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig attended the Star Alliance MegaDo and had an incredible experience. Check out what it was like, here:
- 5 Things I’ll Never Forget From the World’s Top AvGeek Event
- MegaDo Day 1: Flying a Bankrupt Airline From New York to Rome
- MegaDo Day 2: Austrian, New Airplane Seats and the World’s Best Airline Catering
- MegaDo Day 3: Three Countries in One Day, and a Very Special A320 Charter
- MegaDo Day 4: Waking up to a Canceled Flight, Park Hyatt Mallorca and More
Plus, we have good news for TPG readers. If you’re interested in going to MegaDo later this year, you’ll be pleased to know that just like last year, we’ll be giving one lucky reader a ticket to join us on the trip. Closer to the event date, we’ll hold a contest for one reader to join us — so stay tuned!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees