This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MegaDo, one of the largest annual aviation events, is quickly approaching. Each year, the event gives AvGeeks an all-access look at the inner workings of airport operations, hangar parties, private chartered flights and much more. It truly is a week of any AvGeek’s dreams.
This year, the SkyTeam MegaDo — the first-ever SkyTeam-branded event — will take place from October 11-17. Ultimately, you’ll travel from Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) to Prague (PRG) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI) and finally to Barcelona (BCN). Along the way, you’ll be able to go behind the scenes with airlines like KLM and Air Europa, meeting employees, experiencing specially chartered flights and even taking part in a hangar party. Plus, the pre-game party (October 11-14) will allow you to go backstage with Delta and Boeing in Seattle.
One of the best parts of all is that the event is extremely reasonably priced. And, you can register now, with the full experience (starting in Seattle) in economy priced at $999, the experience in premium economy priced at $1,199 and business class priced at $1,799.
In 2017, TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig attended the Star Alliance MegaDo and had an incredible experience. Check out what it was like, here:
- 5 Things I’ll Never Forget From the World’s Top AvGeek Event
- MegaDo Day 1: Flying a Bankrupt Airline From New York to Rome
- MegaDo Day 2: Austrian, New Airplane Seats and the World’s Best Airline Catering
- MegaDo Day 3: Three Countries in One Day, and a Very Special A320 Charter
- MegaDo Day 4: Waking up to a Canceled Flight, Park Hyatt Mallorca and More
Plus, we have good news for TPG readers. If you’re interested in going to MegaDo later this year, you’ll be pleased to know that just like last year, we’ll be giving one lucky reader a ticket to join us on the trip. Closer to the event date, we’ll hold a contest for one reader to join us — so stay tuned!
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that