This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Christmas, one of Singapore’s most iconic attractions will embark on its very first “branded light-up.” Orchard Road, the popular luxury shopping destination that’s treated visitors to dream-like Christmas lights festivities since 1984, is getting the full Disney treatment for its annual “Christmas on a Great Street.”
From Nov. 10 to Jan. 1, shoppers and tourists alike can mingle with their favorite Disney characters under the scenic Orchard lights. Along the 1.8 mile shopping belt, visitors will be treated to four Disney-themed sections: Disney Princesses, Mickey Mouse & Friends, Frozen and Pixar’s Toy Story. The sections will include multiple character set pieces as well, including spots for visitors to mingle crowd favorites like The Little Mermaid, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Donald and Daisy Duck.
Wheelock Place, a glass-domed 21-story tower that houses a shopping mall, will be transformed into a Cinderella-themed winter wonderland. However, if you’re more of a Frozen fan, check out the “Elsa and Ana’s World” at Orchard Central, which will be decked out with Arandelle inspired lights and decorations as well.
With the possibility of joining the ranks of the world’s most extravagant Christmas light displays, Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) states that this will be Disney’s largest Christmas light set-up in Southeast Asia.
In addition to Disney, Uniqlo, Häagen-Dazs, SK-II, OPPO and more retailers will also host pop-ups along the stretch. Other features include “The Great Christmas Village,” at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, which runs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 26 and house live performances, amusement park rides and a wheelchair accessible duplex carousel. There was also be a “snow room” in the Tanglin Mall, DIY workshops and, of course, the giant iconic Christmas tree located at ION Orchard.
The six-week affair will officially commence at 7:00pm at the Plaza Singapura light up ceremony. The theme is “Endless Wonder.”
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees