This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Christmas, one of Singapore’s most iconic attractions will embark on its very first “branded light-up.” Orchard Road, the popular luxury shopping destination that’s treated visitors to dream-like Christmas lights festivities since 1984, is getting the full Disney treatment for its annual “Christmas on a Great Street.”
From Nov. 10 to Jan. 1, shoppers and tourists alike can mingle with their favorite Disney characters under the scenic Orchard lights. Along the 1.8 mile shopping belt, visitors will be treated to four Disney-themed sections: Disney Princesses, Mickey Mouse & Friends, Frozen and Pixar’s Toy Story. The sections will include multiple character set pieces as well, including spots for visitors to mingle crowd favorites like The Little Mermaid, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Donald and Daisy Duck.
Wheelock Place, a glass-domed 21-story tower that houses a shopping mall, will be transformed into a Cinderella-themed winter wonderland. However, if you’re more of a Frozen fan, check out the “Elsa and Ana’s World” at Orchard Central, which will be decked out with Arandelle inspired lights and decorations as well.
With the possibility of joining the ranks of the world’s most extravagant Christmas light displays, Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) states that this will be Disney’s largest Christmas light set-up in Southeast Asia.
In addition to Disney, Uniqlo, Häagen-Dazs, SK-II, OPPO and more retailers will also host pop-ups along the stretch. Other features include “The Great Christmas Village,” at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, which runs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 26 and house live performances, amusement park rides and a wheelchair accessible duplex carousel. There was also be a “snow room” in the Tanglin Mall, DIY workshops and, of course, the giant iconic Christmas tree located at ION Orchard.
The six-week affair will officially commence at 7:00pm at the Plaza Singapura light up ceremony. The theme is “Endless Wonder.”
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees