This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Christmas, one of Singapore’s most iconic attractions will embark on its very first “branded light-up.” Orchard Road, the popular luxury shopping destination that’s treated visitors to dream-like Christmas lights festivities since 1984, is getting the full Disney treatment for its annual “Christmas on a Great Street.”
From Nov. 10 to Jan. 1, shoppers and tourists alike can mingle with their favorite Disney characters under the scenic Orchard lights. Along the 1.8 mile shopping belt, visitors will be treated to four Disney-themed sections: Disney Princesses, Mickey Mouse & Friends, Frozen and Pixar’s Toy Story. The sections will include multiple character set pieces as well, including spots for visitors to mingle crowd favorites like The Little Mermaid, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Donald and Daisy Duck.
Wheelock Place, a glass-domed 21-story tower that houses a shopping mall, will be transformed into a Cinderella-themed winter wonderland. However, if you’re more of a Frozen fan, check out the “Elsa and Ana’s World” at Orchard Central, which will be decked out with Arandelle inspired lights and decorations as well.
With the possibility of joining the ranks of the world’s most extravagant Christmas light displays, Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) states that this will be Disney’s largest Christmas light set-up in Southeast Asia.
In addition to Disney, Uniqlo, Häagen-Dazs, SK-II, OPPO and more retailers will also host pop-ups along the stretch. Other features include “The Great Christmas Village,” at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, which runs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 26 and house live performances, amusement park rides and a wheelchair accessible duplex carousel. There was also be a “snow room” in the Tanglin Mall, DIY workshops and, of course, the giant iconic Christmas tree located at ION Orchard.
The six-week affair will officially commence at 7:00pm at the Plaza Singapura light up ceremony. The theme is “Endless Wonder.”
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards