Singapore’s Luxury Shopping District Is Decking Out in Disney for Christmas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Christmas, one of Singapore’s most iconic attractions will embark on its very first “branded light-up.” Orchard Road, the popular luxury shopping destination that’s treated visitors to dream-like Christmas lights festivities since 1984, is getting the full Disney treatment for its annual “Christmas on a Great Street.”
From Nov. 10 to Jan. 1, shoppers and tourists alike can mingle with their favorite Disney characters under the scenic Orchard lights. Along the 1.8 mile shopping belt, visitors will be treated to four Disney-themed sections: Disney Princesses, Mickey Mouse & Friends, Frozen and Pixar’s Toy Story. The sections will include multiple character set pieces as well, including spots for visitors to mingle crowd favorites like The Little Mermaid, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Donald and Daisy Duck.
Wheelock Place, a glass-domed 21-story tower that houses a shopping mall, will be transformed into a Cinderella-themed winter wonderland. However, if you’re more of a Frozen fan, check out the “Elsa and Ana’s World” at Orchard Central, which will be decked out with Arandelle inspired lights and decorations as well.
With the possibility of joining the ranks of the world’s most extravagant Christmas light displays, Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) states that this will be Disney’s largest Christmas light set-up in Southeast Asia.
In addition to Disney, Uniqlo, Häagen-Dazs, SK-II, OPPO and more retailers will also host pop-ups along the stretch. Other features include “The Great Christmas Village,” at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, which runs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 26 and house live performances, amusement park rides and a wheelchair accessible duplex carousel. There was also be a “snow room” in the Tanglin Mall, DIY workshops and, of course, the giant iconic Christmas tree located at ION Orchard.
The six-week affair will officially commence at 7:00pm at the Plaza Singapura light up ceremony. The theme is “Endless Wonder.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees