Visit Singapore Changi Airport to Be Transported to the Magical World of Harry Potter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No need to go to Platform 9 and 3/4 — the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now in Singapore.
Singapore’s Changi Airport (SIN) — already considered one of the top airports in the world, thanks to its advanced technology and luxurious amenities — can now add its Harry Potter Winter Wonderland to the list of reasons why it is one of frequent flyers’ favorite hubs.
As of Friday, Changi has transformed three of its terminals into holiday-themed installations from the ultra-popular book and movie series. The installations are dubbed “A Wizarding World Holiday at Changi,” and the airport received assistance from Warner Bros. to bring to life holiday versions of familiar scenes depicted in the Harry Potter movies.
Harry Potter fans passing through SIN this winter can see Hogsmeade Village and Diagon Alley in Terminal 3, the Whomping Willow in Terminal 2 and Newt’s Menagerie from the movie “Fantastic Beasts” spin-off in Terminal 1, which is a nod to the recently debuted second franchise, “The Crimes of Grindelwald.”
According to USA Today, travelers can also take pictures in front of the flying Ford Anglia from “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” pretend to catch the game-winning snitch while on a broom in front of a Quidditch shop, or pose with portraits of famous witches and wizards, including the so-called Fat Lady, in a Hogwarts hallway.
— The Straits Times (@STcom) November 16, 2018
The attractions will be open 10am to 10pm through mid-February. Just remember to pack your dress robes — otherwise you’ll look like a muggle.
All images courtesy of Singapore Changi Airport via Facebook.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.