Singapore’s New Crown Jewel, TPG UK Launching Next Week, Summer Fare Predictions and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
This new installation might be reason enough to visit Changi Airport Singapore (SIN).
If you’re in the neighborhood, check out the TPG pop-up in London in preparation for the launch!
The busiest travel season ever plus the temporary loss of a popular jet is not a great recipe for attractive fares.
Now, cardholders can take a few dollars off food delivery and ride-share usage each month.
Just get a really good credit card instead!
We’re ready to see that fresh paint, United.
Check out the worst offender of the US airlines.
According to TPG’s JT Genter, it’s a “surprisingly good deal.”
British Airways seems to be trialing a way to get members to redeem for flights at a worse value.
Check out what United’s president said about the potential endeavor.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.