The new ultimate perk for luxury cruisers is a private car pickup at your home
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silversea Cruises is upping the ante in the Battle of the Perks among luxury lines.
The Florida-based luxury brand on Thursday said it would begin picking up customers at their homes in a private chauffeured car and whisking them to their ships (if the ships are nearby) or a local airport to fly to their ships at no extra charge, starting in 2022.
The same service will be available to passengers in reverse at the end of their cruises. The line will deliver them from ships or their local airports in a private chauffeured car.
The new service, which will be standard for all customers, is being offered as part of a new, exclusive partnership with Blacklane, the global chauffeur service company.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s new cruise newsletter.
It’s the first time such a service has been offered to cruisers as a standard, included-in-the-fare service for all — not just for those staying in top suites.
The new service will roll out across Silversea’s fleet starting on March 30, 2022, and has a few caveats.
For starters, there is a limit to how far Silversea will take you from your home in a private car for no extra cost: 50 miles. If you need to go farther than that to reach your ship or the nearest airport, private car transfers still will be available at an extra cost.
In addition, there are a few places where the transfer service will not be available. In announcing the new perk on Thursday, Silversea said private executive transfers can be arranged in more than 200 cities in over 50 countries around the world.
The private transfer-from-and-to-home perk will be available to passengers cruising on any publicly available full fare, including special combination fares and fares for Grand Voyages and full World Cruises.
“We are delighted to offer our guests a full door-to-door journey on all voyages, further enhancing our all-inclusive offering for guests’ convenience,” Silversea president and CEO Roberto Martinoli said in a statement accompanying the announcement. “With the introduction of Blacklane’s chauffeur-driven transfers, we are extending our trademark level of service to begin from the moment travelers leave their homes and end when they have returned.”
Private transfers from home to ship or airport are one of the few things for which Silversea customers have had to pay until now. The line is known for having one of the most all-inclusive products in cruising, with round-trip air as well as shore excursions included in fares.
The line also offers included transfers from airports to ships as standard on all voyages.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
- The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship
- The 8 worst cabin locations on any cruise ship
- A quick guide to the most popular cruise lines
- 21 tips and tricks that will make your cruise go smoothly
- 15 ways cruisers waste money
- 12 best cruises for people who never want to grow up
- What to pack for your first cruise
Featured image courtesy of Silversea Cruises.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees