This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Enterprise differentiated itself for years by being the car rental service that wouldn’t hesitate to pick you up (come on, you remember the commercials), and now it appears that Silvercar by Audi is taking that concept even further. Silvercar customers can now request their Audi rental to be delivered to them and then picked up again when they’re done in Manhattan, Brooklyn and San Francisco, and we’re hopeful that more locations will come online with this service in the near future.
Beginning today, Silvercar by Audi Delivery & Pick Up delivery service can be requested via the Silvercar app at the following downtown locations:
- New York City – Manhattan at 42nd Street
- New York City – Columbus Circle
- New York City – Downtown Brooklyn
- New York City – Williamsburg Brooklyn
- San Francisco – Union Square
Requests must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance. While this is no doubt a boon for traveling families who could always use one fewer logistical hurdle, the service doesn’t come cheap. Delivery and pick-up in San Francisco is a $50 charge, while NYC locations will charge between $75 and $100, depending on the day of the week.
Silvercar does include in-car Wi-Fi, Peg Perego car seats free of charge, ski racks (at mountain locations) and even premium pet hammocks for use in Audi A4 and Q5 models, which may help soften that blow somewhat. Those fees don’t exactly fit within the “$20 rule” to de-stress your next family trip, but it’s close enough to consider.
You can keep Silvercar rates in check a bit by taking advantage of a $25 incentive for first-time renters as well discount codes such as VISAINF20 to save 20% if you have a Visa Infinite card, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. For rentals of five days or longer, the code WEEKLY30 will save you 30% (even on the new Q7 SUVs).
Silvercar also announced that it is adding Boston to the list of rental locations as of April 15.
Before you make your next booking, here’s a rundown of credit cards that include primary car rental coverage and five steps for the perfect car rental (though you don’t really need most of those tips if you rent with Silvercar since they make things pretty easy).
Featured image courtesy of Silvercar
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards