Silvercar Adds Audi Q7s to Fleet, Adds New Color Options
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Audi’s premium rental car service, Silvercar, is expanding its selection of vehicles and color options.
Later this month, Silvercar will add the Audi Q7, Audi’s larger family-oriented SUV featuring optional third-row seating and the largest cargo capacity of any Audi model. Additionally, Silvercar will break its long-standing practice of only renting silver cars when it begins offering both black and gray vehicles this month.
The Audi Q7 is Audi’s largest SUV and the only Audi to feature three rows of seats. The Q7 can accommodate up eight passengers or up to 70 cubic feet of cargo. However, the Q7’s fuel economy isn’t amazing at 19 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway.
According to Silvercar, the following locations will offer the Q7 as an option:
- Las Vegas
- New York City
- San Diego
- San Francisco International Airport
- Washington-Dulles Airport
- Coming Soon: Chicago
- Coming Soon: Seattle
The Audi Q7 will arrive at select Silvercar locations starting May 24, 2019. In addition to the Q7, Silvercar will continue to offer the Audi A4, A5 Cabriolet, and the Q5 mid-sized SUV.
The company, which is known for renting only silver Audis, is also adding additional color pallets: black and gray vehicles. Silvercar customers wishing to rental black or gray vehicles can do so upon pickup. Silvercar does not allow renters to specify preferred vehicle color during the reservation process.
As is the case whenever customers opt for larger vehicles, the Q7 will come at a premium. Sample pricing for Austin has the Q7 available from $190 per day while in New York City, the SUV starts at $240 per day. Neither daily rates include optional insurance coverage, taxes or fees. The Q7, while much larger and capable, is more than double the price of Audi’s entry-level rental, the A4. In Austin, Silvercar’s Audi A4 rentals start at just $80 per day.
To celebrate the arrival of the Audi Q7 and new color options, Silvercar is offering first-time customers 20% off their rentals. Customers looking to take advantage of the promotion must include the code FIRST20 at the time of booking. The promo code expires on September 30. The promotional rate does not include taxes, fees, fuel, or optional coverage and some exclusions do apply.
Additionally, select Audi owners can receive up to two days free with Silvercar. Current Audi owners can receive a free day when they book two or more days or receive two free days when they book four or more days.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees