Silvercar Adds Audi Q7s to Fleet, Adds New Color Options
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Audi’s premium rental car service, Silvercar, is expanding its selection of vehicles and color options.
Later this month, Silvercar will add the Audi Q7, Audi’s larger family-oriented SUV featuring optional third-row seating and the largest cargo capacity of any Audi model. Additionally, Silvercar will break its long-standing practice of only renting silver cars when it begins offering both black and gray vehicles this month.
The Audi Q7 is Audi’s largest SUV and the only Audi to feature three rows of seats. The Q7 can accommodate up eight passengers or up to 70 cubic feet of cargo. However, the Q7’s fuel economy isn’t amazing at 19 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway.
According to Silvercar, the following locations will offer the Q7 as an option:
- Las Vegas
- New York City
- San Diego
- San Francisco International Airport
- Washington-Dulles Airport
- Coming Soon: Chicago
- Coming Soon: Seattle
The Audi Q7 will arrive at select Silvercar locations starting May 24, 2019. In addition to the Q7, Silvercar will continue to offer the Audi A4, A5 Cabriolet, and the Q5 mid-sized SUV.
The company, which is known for renting only silver Audis, is also adding additional color pallets: black and gray vehicles. Silvercar customers wishing to rental black or gray vehicles can do so upon pickup. Silvercar does not allow renters to specify preferred vehicle color during the reservation process.
As is the case whenever customers opt for larger vehicles, the Q7 will come at a premium. Sample pricing for Austin has the Q7 available from $190 per day while in New York City, the SUV starts at $240 per day. Neither daily rates include optional insurance coverage, taxes or fees. The Q7, while much larger and capable, is more than double the price of Audi’s entry-level rental, the A4. In Austin, Silvercar’s Audi A4 rentals start at just $80 per day.
To celebrate the arrival of the Audi Q7 and new color options, Silvercar is offering first-time customers 20% off their rentals. Customers looking to take advantage of the promotion must include the code FIRST20 at the time of booking. The promo code expires on September 30. The promotional rate does not include taxes, fees, fuel, or optional coverage and some exclusions do apply.
Additionally, select Audi owners can receive up to two days free with Silvercar. Current Audi owners can receive a free day when they book two or more days or receive two free days when they book four or more days.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees