Shopping Portals Provide Big Incentives to Shop Elsewhere on Prime Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re not satisfied with this year’s Amazon Prime Day deals, we’re scouring online shopping portals today in search of the best deals. Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is running a “3x Cash Back” sale for the next three days, which also means you can earn 3x Amex Membership Rewards points on purchases.
Like dining programs, shopping portals are a great way to double-dip, and it’s always worth taking the extra few seconds to sign up and then click through for all your subsequent online shopping sprees.
It’s not just Ebates running promos to compete with Amazon over the next few days, other portals have bumped up rates too. For example, United’s portal is offering 8x miles on Adidas purchases, up from the normal 1x.
If you see a deal you like, don’t wait to book as supplies are limited and the deal won’t last long!
For a full list of increased offers from Rakuten/Ebates, click here. If you’re interested in earning other points or miles, use a shopping portal aggregator like Cash Back Monitor and search for you favorite store to see which portal has the best rates.
Here are some of the best deals from Ebates we’ve seen so far.
1. Get up to 9.0% cash back or 9x Amex points on Travelocity, Orbitz and CheapTickets purchases:
3. Get 15% off your Aveda first order and 12% Cash Back or 12x Amex points (Must use promo code WELCOME15)
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your online purchases by using a card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or Citi® Double Cash Card. For more information, see our list of the best credit cards for everyday spending.
Featured photo by Poike / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees