Shopping Portals Provide Big Incentives to Shop Elsewhere on Prime Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re not satisfied with this year’s Amazon Prime Day deals, we’re scouring online shopping portals today in search of the best deals. Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is running a “3x Cash Back” sale for the next three days, which also means you can earn 3x Amex Membership Rewards points on purchases.
Like dining programs, shopping portals are a great way to double-dip, and it’s always worth taking the extra few seconds to sign up and then click through for all your subsequent online shopping sprees.
It’s not just Ebates running promos to compete with Amazon over the next few days, other portals have bumped up rates too. For example, United’s portal is offering 8x miles on Adidas purchases, up from the normal 1x.
If you see a deal you like, don’t wait to book as supplies are limited and the deal won’t last long!
For a full list of increased offers from Rakuten/Ebates, click here. If you’re interested in earning other points or miles, use a shopping portal aggregator like Cash Back Monitor and search for you favorite store to see which portal has the best rates.
Here are some of the best deals from Ebates we’ve seen so far.
1. Get up to 9.0% cash back or 9x Amex points on Travelocity, Orbitz and CheapTickets purchases:
3. Get 15% off your Aveda first order and 12% Cash Back or 12x Amex points (Must use promo code WELCOME15)
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your online purchases by using a card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or Citi® Double Cash Card. For more information, see our list of the best credit cards for everyday spending.
Featured photo by Poike / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.