This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From the parking lot to the terminal, we haven’t been shy about what an absolute dump New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is. Much-needed construction projects are largely to blame for recent congestion, however, and once they’re complete, it sounds like we’re going to end up with a world-class terminal — the beginning of which is set to open later this year.
One important component is building out some restaurants you’ll actually want to eat at. And as much as I love a fresh-from-the-oven Auntie Anne’s pretzel, given the delays that seem to plague LGA, we could really benefit from something far more substantial. Like, say, a Shake Shack.
Yup, Terminal B is getting one of those! LaGuardia’s first Shake Shack location will join the other mega-venue hotspots in Queens at JFK Airport and Citi Field when it opens in the eastern concourse later in 2018.
HMSHost, the company managing the space, will also be opening other top-tier dining establishments, starting with a Mexican taqueria called La Chula…
…and an Italian restaurant called Osteria Fusco:
According to HMSHost, some 15 million passengers make their way through Terminal B each year — now they’ll have a decent place to eat. The new gate and dining area will be most convenient to Air Canada, Southwest and United flyers, but hopefully other travelers will be able to drop by for a burger and fries, too.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees