This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From the parking lot to the terminal, we haven’t been shy about what an absolute dump New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is. Much-needed construction projects are largely to blame for recent congestion, however, and once they’re complete, it sounds like we’re going to end up with a world-class terminal — the beginning of which is set to open later this year.
One important component is building out some restaurants you’ll actually want to eat at. And as much as I love a fresh-from-the-oven Auntie Anne’s pretzel, given the delays that seem to plague LGA, we could really benefit from something far more substantial. Like, say, a Shake Shack.
Yup, Terminal B is getting one of those! LaGuardia’s first Shake Shack location will join the other mega-venue hotspots in Queens at JFK Airport and Citi Field when it opens in the eastern concourse later in 2018.
HMSHost, the company managing the space, will also be opening other top-tier dining establishments, starting with a Mexican taqueria called La Chula…
…and an Italian restaurant called Osteria Fusco:
According to HMSHost, some 15 million passengers make their way through Terminal B each year — now they’ll have a decent place to eat. The new gate and dining area will be most convenient to Air Canada, Southwest and United flyers, but hopefully other travelers will be able to drop by for a burger and fries, too.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards