LaGuardia’s Getting a Shake Shack, Other Great Restaurants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From the parking lot to the terminal, we haven’t been shy about what an absolute dump New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is. Much-needed construction projects are largely to blame for recent congestion, however, and once they’re complete, it sounds like we’re going to end up with a world-class terminal — the beginning of which is set to open later this year.
One important component is building out some restaurants you’ll actually want to eat at. And as much as I love a fresh-from-the-oven Auntie Anne’s pretzel, given the delays that seem to plague LGA, we could really benefit from something far more substantial. Like, say, a Shake Shack.
Yup, Terminal B is getting one of those! LaGuardia’s first Shake Shack location will join the other mega-venue hotspots in Queens at JFK Airport and Citi Field when it opens in the eastern concourse later in 2018.
HMSHost, the company managing the space, will also be opening other top-tier dining establishments, starting with a Mexican taqueria called La Chula…
…and an Italian restaurant called Osteria Fusco:
According to HMSHost, some 15 million passengers make their way through Terminal B each year — now they’ll have a decent place to eat. The new gate and dining area will be most convenient to Air Canada, Southwest and United flyers, but hopefully other travelers will be able to drop by for a burger and fries, too.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.