Tour United’s SFO Polaris Lounge With CEO Oscar Munoz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
San Francisco’s United Polaris Lounge has been a (very) long time coming. The carrier’s first — and, until now, only — location opened at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) in December 2016, and at the time, United was expecting to open its lounges in Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) by the middle of 2017. Obviously that didn’t happen.
Airline execs seem to recognize the importance of following through on United’s new rollout commitments, though, so I’m hopeful that the remaining lounges will proceed on schedule. Fortunately, all of the locations mentioned above — plus Los Angeles (LAX) — are now on track to open their doors in 2018, with the Newark Polaris Lounge currently on deck, with an “early June” target.
The SFO lounge, meanwhile, will open to customers this Monday, April 30, and is accessible to a handful of MileagePlus members today. We got a sneak peek on Wednesday, though, with United CEO Oscar Munoz walking us through the new space. At 28,120 square feet, it really is impressive, as you can clearly see in the video tour above.
For more on recent Polaris developments, see:
- The World’s Largest United Polaris Lounge: By the Numbers
- Polaris Redemption: United’s Retrofitted 777-200 From DC to Frankfurt
- United to Eliminate Drink Carts From Polaris Cabins
- An Update on United Polaris Business Class, One Year After Launch
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees