Tour United’s SFO Polaris Lounge With CEO Oscar Munoz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
San Francisco’s United Polaris Lounge has been a (very) long time coming. The carrier’s first — and, until now, only — location opened at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) in December 2016, and at the time, United was expecting to open its lounges in Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) by the middle of 2017. Obviously that didn’t happen.
Airline execs seem to recognize the importance of following through on United’s new rollout commitments, though, so I’m hopeful that the remaining lounges will proceed on schedule. Fortunately, all of the locations mentioned above — plus Los Angeles (LAX) — are now on track to open their doors in 2018, with the Newark Polaris Lounge currently on deck, with an “early June” target.
The SFO lounge, meanwhile, will open to customers this Monday, April 30, and is accessible to a handful of MileagePlus members today. We got a sneak peek on Wednesday, though, with United CEO Oscar Munoz walking us through the new space. At 28,120 square feet, it really is impressive, as you can clearly see in the video tour above.
For more on recent Polaris developments, see:
- The World’s Largest United Polaris Lounge: By the Numbers
- Polaris Redemption: United’s Retrofitted 777-200 From DC to Frankfurt
- United to Eliminate Drink Carts From Polaris Cabins
- An Update on United Polaris Business Class, One Year After Launch
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel