Tour United’s SFO Polaris Lounge With CEO Oscar Munoz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
San Francisco’s United Polaris Lounge has been a (very) long time coming. The carrier’s first — and, until now, only — location opened at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) in December 2016, and at the time, United was expecting to open its lounges in Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) by the middle of 2017. Obviously that didn’t happen.
Airline execs seem to recognize the importance of following through on United’s new rollout commitments, though, so I’m hopeful that the remaining lounges will proceed on schedule. Fortunately, all of the locations mentioned above — plus Los Angeles (LAX) — are now on track to open their doors in 2018, with the Newark Polaris Lounge currently on deck, with an “early June” target.
The SFO lounge, meanwhile, will open to customers this Monday, April 30, and is accessible to a handful of MileagePlus members today. We got a sneak peek on Wednesday, though, with United CEO Oscar Munoz walking us through the new space. At 28,120 square feet, it really is impressive, as you can clearly see in the video tour above.
For more on recent Polaris developments, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.