Tour United’s SFO Polaris Lounge With CEO Oscar Munoz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
San Francisco’s United Polaris Lounge has been a (very) long time coming. The carrier’s first — and, until now, only — location opened at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) in December 2016, and at the time, United was expecting to open its lounges in Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) by the middle of 2017. Obviously that didn’t happen.
Airline execs seem to recognize the importance of following through on United’s new rollout commitments, though, so I’m hopeful that the remaining lounges will proceed on schedule. Fortunately, all of the locations mentioned above — plus Los Angeles (LAX) — are now on track to open their doors in 2018, with the Newark Polaris Lounge currently on deck, with an “early June” target.
The SFO lounge, meanwhile, will open to customers this Monday, April 30, and is accessible to a handful of MileagePlus members today. We got a sneak peek on Wednesday, though, with United CEO Oscar Munoz walking us through the new space. At 28,120 square feet, it really is impressive, as you can clearly see in the video tour above.
For more on recent Polaris developments, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees