See an Airbus A320 Covered in 1.5 Miles of Christmas Lights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
London Luton Airport (LTN) may not be known as one of the best airports to visit, but it is one with the first and only with a Christmas light show — on a plane.
LTN staff and low-cost carrier EasyJet partnered up to transform an A320 Airbus into a festive light show for hundreds of passengers passing through the airport and to celebrate the airport’s 80th anniversary. The aircraft, wrapped in 1.5 miles of LED micro bulbs and surrounded by decorations, was the center of attention during the 850,000 choreographed light sequences synchronized to a remix of Tchaikovsky’s Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
A team of 10 special effects artists and lighting designers spent four weeks designing and creating the show, and the airport staff had 24 hours to decorate EasyJet’s 120-foot aircraft. Local children from Chantry Primary Academy and Whitefield Primary School were invited to start the light show.
“Most people who work in a regular office get to partake in festive decorating, so we laid down the challenge to ground crew to create the most spectacular light show featuring a plane,” EasyJet’s director or cabin services, Tina Milton, said in a statement.
London Luton Airport has been working on a three-year redevelopment, which will increase the annual passenger capacity to 18 million by 2020.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees