See an Airbus A320 Covered in 1.5 Miles of Christmas Lights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
London Luton Airport (LTN) may not be known as one of the best airports to visit, but it is one with the first and only with a Christmas light show — on a plane.
LTN staff and low-cost carrier EasyJet partnered up to transform an A320 Airbus into a festive light show for hundreds of passengers passing through the airport and to celebrate the airport’s 80th anniversary. The aircraft, wrapped in 1.5 miles of LED micro bulbs and surrounded by decorations, was the center of attention during the 850,000 choreographed light sequences synchronized to a remix of Tchaikovsky’s Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
A team of 10 special effects artists and lighting designers spent four weeks designing and creating the show, and the airport staff had 24 hours to decorate EasyJet’s 120-foot aircraft. Local children from Chantry Primary Academy and Whitefield Primary School were invited to start the light show.
“Most people who work in a regular office get to partake in festive decorating, so we laid down the challenge to ground crew to create the most spectacular light show featuring a plane,” EasyJet’s director or cabin services, Tina Milton, said in a statement.
London Luton Airport has been working on a three-year redevelopment, which will increase the annual passenger capacity to 18 million by 2020.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees