Seattle is testing a new system that lets travelers make a reservation at the TSA checkpoint
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you fly out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), you might be able to skip the line at security thanks to a new pilot program.
The airport is testing a program called SEA Spot Saver, which lets passengers reserve a time to go through the security checkpoint.
Instead of waiting in line to go through the checkpoint, passengers can arrive at their reservation time and go right through. The Port of Seattle describes it as “virtual queuing.”
The Spot Saver program is available from 4 a.m. to noon daily through August 31, and is only available for general security passengers, not those using PreCheck. There are two different options available.
If you’re flying Alaska Airlines, you can schedule your Spot Saver reservation in advance up to 24 hours before your scheduled departure, or upon arrival at the airport. Passengers traveling with a group can make the reservation for up to a dozen people, and can then head to security Checkpoint 5 within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
The second option is marketed as being for passengers flying on Delta or any other airline (aside from Alaska). Reservations can be made as soon as passengers arrive at the airport and check in at Checkpoint 2.
While the program is just a trial, and is only available at SEA. But there are other ways for passengers to speed their way through the security line at other major airports. Two of our favorites are Clear and TSA PreCheck, which you can learn more about at the TPG guides below:
- The definitive guide to all airlines offering TSA PreCheck
- Clear expedited airport security program — Is it worth it?
Featured image courtesy of Port of Seattle
Welcome to The Points Guy!
This card offers a 80,000-point bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months. Plus, earn 3 ThankYou points per $1 at gas stations, restaurants, supermarkets and on air travel and hotels. 1 ThankYou point per $1 on all other purchases.
- For a limited time, earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual Hotel Savings Benefit
- 80,000 Points are redeemable for $800 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases