Amex’s Seattle Centurion Lounge Will Temporarily Close Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we reported in January, one of Amex’s most popular Centurion Lounges will close next week — just in time for my planned visit, in fact, following Boeing’s 777X rollout in Everett, Washington. The Seattle (SEA) location will be closed beginning March 11, 2019, as American Express works to “renovate and improve the space.”
Considering that this is one of the issuer’s smaller lounges, frequent visitors have been hoping for another expansion, following the 1,400-square-foot boost that came along in 2017. Given the focus on “renovating” and “improving” — rather than “expanding” the SEA location — a larger footprint doesn’t appear to be in the cards this time around, such as what we recently saw with Amex’s Miami (MIA) Centurion Lounge.
With renovations expected to take about a week, the lounge is likely to reopen alongside new restrictions scheduled to kick in on March 22, in which visitors accessing the lounge with The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will only be able to get in within 3 hours of their original scheduled departure time — customers attempting to visit at their final destination will not be able to get in at all, though Centurion cardmembers will continue to have unrestricted access.
Generally, customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, though some locations have been known to implement a waitlist or further restrict access during peak times.
Featured photo by Peter Rothbart/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees