Amex’s Seattle Centurion Lounge Will Temporarily Close Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we reported in January, one of Amex’s most popular Centurion Lounges will close next week — just in time for my planned visit, in fact, following Boeing’s 777X rollout in Everett, Washington. The Seattle (SEA) location will be closed beginning March 11, 2019, as American Express works to “renovate and improve the space.”
Considering that this is one of the issuer’s smaller lounges, frequent visitors have been hoping for another expansion, following the 1,400-square-foot boost that came along in 2017. Given the focus on “renovating” and “improving” — rather than “expanding” the SEA location — a larger footprint doesn’t appear to be in the cards this time around, such as what we recently saw with Amex’s Miami (MIA) Centurion Lounge.
With renovations expected to take about a week, the lounge is likely to reopen alongside new restrictions scheduled to kick in on March 22, in which visitors accessing the lounge with The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will only be able to get in within 3 hours of their original scheduled departure time — customers attempting to visit at their final destination will not be able to get in at all, though Centurion cardmembers will continue to have unrestricted access.
Generally, customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, though some locations have been known to implement a waitlist or further restrict access during peak times.
Featured photo by Peter Rothbart/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.