Amex’s Seattle Centurion Lounge Will Temporarily Close Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we reported in January, one of Amex’s most popular Centurion Lounges will close next week — just in time for my planned visit, in fact, following Boeing’s 777X rollout in Everett, Washington. The Seattle (SEA) location will be closed beginning March 11, 2019, as American Express works to “renovate and improve the space.”
Considering that this is one of the issuer’s smaller lounges, frequent visitors have been hoping for another expansion, following the 1,400-square-foot boost that came along in 2017. Given the focus on “renovating” and “improving” — rather than “expanding” the SEA location — a larger footprint doesn’t appear to be in the cards this time around, such as what we recently saw with Amex’s Miami (MIA) Centurion Lounge.
With renovations expected to take about a week, the lounge is likely to reopen alongside new restrictions scheduled to kick in on March 22, in which visitors accessing the lounge with The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will only be able to get in within 3 hours of their original scheduled departure time — customers attempting to visit at their final destination will not be able to get in at all, though Centurion cardmembers will continue to have unrestricted access.
Generally, customers (and two guests) can access the lounge with the Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, though some locations have been known to implement a waitlist or further restrict access during peak times.
Featured photo by Peter Rothbart/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.