Score Nearly 50% Off Select Star Alliance Flights With LifeMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’ve got a week left to buy LifeMiles with up to a 125% bonus, and now, even more reason to do so. LifeMiles is the mileage program of Colombian-based airline Avianca. But even if you aren’t interested in flying Avianca, it’s worth getting to know LifeMiles since it’s made itself known as the wholesaler of cheap Star Alliance miles and award tickets, as well as regular sales of discounted miles.
The latest sale allows those with a hefty LifeMiles balance to redeem for Star Alliance flights (think Air China and Asiana Airlines) with up to a 48% discount. You’ll need to redeem by September 18, 2018, but your flights can occur beyond that. Unfortunately, the redemption of miles for air tickets is valid only through LifeMiles.com and the Avianca Call Center. If you can’t find the award you’re searching for online, be warned that dealing with Avianca over the phone can be a trying experience (plus, you’ll be dinged a service fee of $25 or more, depending on the route).
Across Star Alliance partners, this deal unveils a number of attractive one-way first class redemptions:
- New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (ICN): 72,000 LifeMiles (a 20% discount from the usual 90,000 miles)
- New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) to Beijing (PEK): 72,000 LifeMiles (a 20% discount from the usual 90,000 miles)
- New York (JFK) to Taipei (TPE): 64,000 LifeMiles (a 15% discount from the usual 75,000 miles)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (ICN), Beijing (PEK), or Shanghai (PVG): 60,000 LifeMiles (a 20% discount from the usual 75,000 miles)
For those near-50% discounts, you’ll need to look for intra-Asia routes, such as economy class redemptions like Tokyo (HND) to Shanghai (PVG) and Seoul (ICN) to Bangkok (BKK). The entire list of discounted routes can be found here.
If you’re looking for the absolute cheapest mileage cost, Avianca’s “Club LifeMiles” monthly subscription plan still gives members a chance to buy miles as cheap as 1.39 cents per mile. And if you need to top off your account, remember that LifeMiles is also a transfer partner of Citi ThankYou Rewards.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.