Book by Friday to save 20% on United Economy Plus upgrades
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through Friday (Jan. 17), United Airlines is offering flyers an opportunity to save 20% on Economy Plus upgrades. Simply attach your MileagePlus number — it’s free to join — and enter code LEGROOM20 at checkout. This particular offer is valid for travel between Jan. 22 and Feb. 13.
The easiest way to select an Economy Plus seat is to open the seat map during or after booking, review pricing by hovering over the seat you’d like, and clicking to make your selection. You’ll see an opportunity to enter promo code LEGROOM20 when you click to make your purchase on United.com or on the airline’s mobile app.
Note that basic economy tickets are not eligible for Economy Plus upgrades.
Additionally, the discount is not available on flights to or from the following markets: Acapulco (ACA), Antigua (ANU), Aruba (AUA), Bermuda (BDA), Bonaire (BON), Aguadilla (BQN), Belize (BZE), Cancun (CUN), Cozumel (CZM), Grand Cayman (GCM), Guatemala City (GUA), Havana (HAV), Honolulu (HNL), Huatulco (HUX), Hilo (ITO), Kona (KOA), Lihue (LIH), Liberia (LIR), Montego Bay (MBJ), Melbourne (MEL), Managua (MGA), Merida (MID), Mazatlan (MZT), Nassau (NAS), Oaxaca (OAX), Maui (OGG), Providenciales (PLS), Puerto Plata (POP), Port of Spain (POS), Panamá City (PTY), Punta Cana (PUJ), Puerto Vallarta (PVR), Roatán (RTB), San Salvador (SAL), San Pedro Sula (SAP), Santo Domingo (SDQ), Cabo San Lucas (SJD), San José (SJO), San Juan (SJU), St. Kitts (SKB), Santiago (STI), St. Thomas (STT), St. Maarten (SXM), Sydney (SYD), Tegucigalpa (TGU), St. Lucia (UVF), Villahermosa (VSA), Ixtapa (ZIH) and Manzanillo (ZLO).
United Premier Gold, Platinum, 1K and Global Services members can select Economy Plus seats free of charge at booking, so the discount won’t help most elites. Also note that Premier Silver flyers can select these seats for free at check-in, so it could pay to wait until 24 hours before departure for entry-level elites, as well.
Behind the scenes:TPG reports from United’s Newark-Cape Town inaugural
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees