Chase Cuts Authorized User Bonus on CSP, What Card to Put Your Large Spending on, Italy’s Tax Break and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Say goodbye to Chases’ authorized user bonus of 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points, worth $100 according to our latest valuation.
TPG’s Brendan Dorsey expertly compared the everyday points back and valuations of Chase Sapphire and hotel cards to assess which will best maximize your big purchases.
Italy’s attractive new tax cut might just pull retirees overseas.
TPG‘s Katie Genter toured “the world’s largest commercial aviation maintenance base,” and let us in on her non-AvGeek perspective.
This Uber scam has become increasingly common and extremely frustrating.
Even though TPG’s a loyal customer of the ride sharing service — spending five figures on it just this year — he said enough is enough.
No, we’re not talking about the 737 MAX 8, but this new Apple release might just fulfill the need that some MAX 8s have surfaced: Bring your own device.
TPG’s Alberto Riva found some not-so-appetizing surprises on his Air France flight from Boston to Paris.
The flight from Boston (BOS) to Honolulu is coming to the skies next April.
It’s prime time to sign up for these eight cards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees