Chase Cuts Authorized User Bonus on CSP, What Card to Put Your Large Spending on, Italy’s Tax Break and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Say goodbye to Chases’ authorized user bonus of 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points, worth $100 according to our latest valuation.
TPG’s Brendan Dorsey expertly compared the everyday points back and valuations of Chase Sapphire and hotel cards to assess which will best maximize your big purchases.
Italy’s attractive new tax cut might just pull retirees overseas.
TPG‘s Katie Genter toured “the world’s largest commercial aviation maintenance base,” and let us in on her non-AvGeek perspective.
This Uber scam has become increasingly common and extremely frustrating.
Even though TPG’s a loyal customer of the ride sharing service — spending five figures on it just this year — he said enough is enough.
No, we’re not talking about the 737 MAX 8, but this new Apple release might just fulfill the need that some MAX 8s have surfaced: Bring your own device.
TPG’s Alberto Riva found some not-so-appetizing surprises on his Air France flight from Boston to Paris.
The flight from Boston (BOS) to Honolulu is coming to the skies next April.
It’s prime time to sign up for these eight cards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.