This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Say goodbye to Chases’ authorized user bonus of 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points, worth $100 according to our latest valuation.
TPG’s Brendan Dorsey expertly compared the everyday points back and valuations of Chase Sapphire and hotel cards to assess which will best maximize your big purchases.
Italy’s attractive new tax cut might just pull retirees overseas.
TPG‘s Katie Genter toured “the world’s largest commercial aviation maintenance base,” and let us in on her non-AvGeek perspective.
This Uber scam has become increasingly common and extremely frustrating.
Even though TPG’s a loyal customer of the ride sharing service — spending five figures on it just this year — he said enough is enough.
No, we’re not talking about the 737 MAX 8, but this new Apple release might just fulfill the need that some MAX 8s have surfaced: Bring your own device.
TPG’s Alberto Riva found some not-so-appetizing surprises on his Air France flight from Boston to Paris.
The flight from Boston (BOS) to Honolulu is coming to the skies next April.
It’s prime time to sign up for these eight cards.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees