This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Say goodbye to Chases’ authorized user bonus of 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points, worth $100 according to our latest valuation.
TPG’s Brendan Dorsey expertly compared the everyday points back and valuations of Chase Sapphire and hotel cards to assess which will best maximize your big purchases.
Italy’s attractive new tax cut might just pull retirees overseas.
TPG‘s Katie Genter toured “the world’s largest commercial aviation maintenance base,” and let us in on her non-AvGeek perspective.
This Uber scam has become increasingly common and extremely frustrating.
Even though TPG’s a loyal customer of the ride sharing service — spending five figures on it just this year — he said enough is enough.
No, we’re not talking about the 737 MAX 8, but this new Apple release might just fulfill the need that some MAX 8s have surfaced: Bring your own device.
TPG’s Alberto Riva found some not-so-appetizing surprises on his Air France flight from Boston to Paris.
The flight from Boston (BOS) to Honolulu is coming to the skies next April.
It’s prime time to sign up for these eight cards.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards