Chase Increases Sapphire Bonus Waiting Period, 3 Airlines Raise Bag Fees and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
If you’ve been waiting to get a bonus on the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you now have to wait twice as long, and the Sapphire Preferred likely isn’t far behind.
There are a few different ways Lifetime SPG and Marriott Platinums can be grandfathered into the newly created Lifetime Premier Platinum status.
It’s easy to leave if things don’t work out.
Last week, we shared the scoop that JetBlue was raising checked baggage fees. That’s now gone into effect, and two more airlines have followed suit.
All it takes is a minimum $10 donation in order to be entered to win the Trip That Transforms.
For just a few more weeks, you can combine this great sweet spot with a transfer bonus for incredible business class awards to Europe.
The airline has also confirmed plans to resume seasonal flights to more than 20 international destinations.
Bon vivant for a night. Experiencing Air France’s chic business class from NYC to Paris.
Earn enough points for two award nights valid at Hyatt properties around the world with this just-announced promotion.
Flying in an Etihad Apartment is a true bucket list item—here’s everything you need to know about what it’s like, where to find it and how to book it.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees