September Valuations, Booking With Chase Sapphire Preferred, Santorini Capping Tourism and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
See how various points and miles stack up when it comes to value.
A look at some recent updates to the new Marriott program’s terms & conditions, including upgrades for Platinum members and the ability to transfer Marriott points to friends or family members.
Hong Kong Airlines’ A350 Gets a Huge Business-Class Upgrade
The new plane will be added to the carrier’s Los Angeles flight “in a couple of weeks.”
The few routes that seemed to be spared from basic economy have now been included in the trend.
If you want to finally book a business-class flight, you could do so by simply signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and earning the sign-up bonus.
Dreamliner flights from LAX are scheduled to begin in early November.
Mayor Nikos Zorzos said the overflow of tourists has put too much strain on the island’s infrastructure and supply and will cap cruise ships at 8,000.
The G500 will set you back roughly $45 million, but you get what you pay for.
In Other News…
Le Club AccorHotels has new airline partner where members can credit their stays and convert their points.
Radisson Rewards has launched new promotion for buying points at 30% bonus that is valid through September 30, 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees