September Valuations, Booking With Chase Sapphire Preferred, Santorini Capping Tourism and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
See how various points and miles stack up when it comes to value.
A look at some recent updates to the new Marriott program’s terms & conditions, including upgrades for Platinum members and the ability to transfer Marriott points to friends or family members.
The new plane will be added to the carrier’s Los Angeles flight “in a couple of weeks.”
The few routes that seemed to be spared from basic economy have now been included in the trend.
If you want to finally book a business-class flight, you could do so by simply signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and earning the sign-up bonus.
Dreamliner flights from LAX are scheduled to begin in early November.
Mayor Nikos Zorzos said the overflow of tourists has put too much strain on the island’s infrastructure and supply and will cap cruise ships at 8,000.
The G500 will set you back roughly $45 million, but you get what you pay for.
In Other News…
Le Club AccorHotels has new airline partner where members can credit their stays and convert their points.
Radisson Rewards has launched new promotion for buying points at 30% bonus that is valid through September 30, 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.