This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
See how various points and miles stack up when it comes to value.
A look at some recent updates to the new Marriott program’s terms & conditions, including upgrades for Platinum members and the ability to transfer Marriott points to friends or family members.
The new plane will be added to the carrier’s Los Angeles flight “in a couple of weeks.”
The few routes that seemed to be spared from basic economy have now been included in the trend.
If you want to finally book a business-class flight, you could do so by simply signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and earning the sign-up bonus.
Dreamliner flights from LAX are scheduled to begin in early November.
Mayor Nikos Zorzos said the overflow of tourists has put too much strain on the island’s infrastructure and supply and will cap cruise ships at 8,000.
The G500 will set you back roughly $45 million, but you get what you pay for.
In Other News…
Le Club AccorHotels has new airline partner where members can credit their stays and convert their points.
Radisson Rewards has launched new promotion for buying points at 30% bonus that is valid through September 30, 2018.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards