Introducing Air Italy, A TPG Anniversary, Pilot Sucked Halfway Out of Cockpit and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Air Italy hopes to turn Milan’s Malpensa Airport (MXP) into a major hub. Read about how the new airline plans to do so.
TPG Social Media Editor, Samantha, shares what her year at TPG has been like and everything she’s learned. Pro-tip: Don’t use a debit card.
“Suddenly, the windshield just cracked and made a loud bang. The next thing I know, my co-pilot had been sucked halfway out of the window,” the co-pilot of the Sichuan Airlines told Chinese newspaper Chengdu Economic Daily.
Check out this review of Aeroflot’s Comfort Class on the airline’s Boeing 777-300ER from New York-JFK to Berlin Schönefeld Airport (SXF).
Take a look at exactly which cards you should be using to rack up Starpoints.
A passenger on a United flight noticed the man sitting next to her referred to her as “a smelly fatty” in a text message. Devastated, another passenger sitting behind them stepped in.
Southwest’s new offer awards bonus points to passengers who have PreCheck if they’re in line at the security check point for more than 10 minutes.
Starting this September, you’ll no longer be able to stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. Take a look at what the famed hotel will become.
In Other News…
Starting this week, Aeroplan members can earn and redeem Aeroplan Miles with Olympic Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.