Introducing Air Italy, A TPG Anniversary, Pilot Sucked Halfway Out of Cockpit and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Air Italy hopes to turn Milan’s Malpensa Airport (MXP) into a major hub. Read about how the new airline plans to do so.
TPG Social Media Editor, Samantha, shares what her year at TPG has been like and everything she’s learned. Pro-tip: Don’t use a debit card.
“Suddenly, the windshield just cracked and made a loud bang. The next thing I know, my co-pilot had been sucked halfway out of the window,” the co-pilot of the Sichuan Airlines told Chinese newspaper Chengdu Economic Daily.
Check out this review of Aeroflot’s Comfort Class on the airline’s Boeing 777-300ER from New York-JFK to Berlin Schönefeld Airport (SXF).
Take a look at exactly which cards you should be using to rack up Starpoints.
A passenger on a United flight noticed the man sitting next to her referred to her as “a smelly fatty” in a text message. Devastated, another passenger sitting behind them stepped in.
Southwest’s new offer awards bonus points to passengers who have PreCheck if they’re in line at the security check point for more than 10 minutes.
Starting this September, you’ll no longer be able to stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. Take a look at what the famed hotel will become.
In Other News…
Starting this week, Aeroplan members can earn and redeem Aeroplan Miles with Olympic Air.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.