This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Air Italy hopes to turn Milan’s Malpensa Airport (MXP) into a major hub. Read about how the new airline plans to do so.
TPG Social Media Editor, Samantha, shares what her year at TPG has been like and everything she’s learned. Pro-tip: Don’t use a debit card.
“Suddenly, the windshield just cracked and made a loud bang. The next thing I know, my co-pilot had been sucked halfway out of the window,” the co-pilot of the Sichuan Airlines told Chinese newspaper Chengdu Economic Daily.
Check out this review of Aeroflot’s Comfort Class on the airline’s Boeing 777-300ER from New York-JFK to Berlin Schönefeld Airport (SXF).
Take a look at exactly which cards you should be using to rack up Starpoints.
A passenger on a United flight noticed the man sitting next to her referred to her as “a smelly fatty” in a text message. Devastated, another passenger sitting behind them stepped in.
Southwest’s new offer awards bonus points to passengers who have PreCheck if they’re in line at the security check point for more than 10 minutes.
Starting this September, you’ll no longer be able to stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. Take a look at what the famed hotel will become.
In Other News…
Starting this week, Aeroplan members can earn and redeem Aeroplan Miles with Olympic Air.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees