May Points and Miles Valuations, First Look at Alaska’s JFK Lounge and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
TPG breaks down how points and miles stack up for the month of May.
With the merger of Alaska Airlines and Virgin American complete, the airline has officially opened its long-awaited lounge at New York’s JFK Airport.
See how much the relative costs of luxury travel accommodations are for super-rich Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
With the new Amex Offer, you can earn 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend $300 or more with Hilton — on room rate and room charges.
All of the best business credit cards offer a menu of additional perks outside their respective rewards programs.
Cold War stereotypes and jokes aside, Aeroflot won this particular space race when it came to seat space and comfort. It also boasts good service and a low cost.
Viking Cruises is rolling out the longest-ever continuous world cruise itinerary with its new ‘Ultimate World Cruise‘ — an eight-month voyage throughout six continents, 59 countries and 113 ports.
In other news…
Alaska Airlines and Air France-KLM Officially End Partnership
This was announced back in December, but the partnership officially ended this week, which means you can no longer credit Air France-KLM flights to Alaska’s MileagePlan.
IHG Rewards Club Members Can Take 50% off with “Reward Nights Sale” in Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean
The sale runs from 8:00pm EDT on Monday, April 30, 2018, to 11:00am EDT on Monday, May 7, 2018, for stays from May 1 through June 30, 2018. Redeem Rewards Club points by visiting www.ihg.com/rewardnights, or the participating hotels’ websites.
A Wall Street Journal report on how top management, using updates from the cockpit and passengers’ phones, put the emergency-response plan into action in Philadelphia and Dallas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees