May Points and Miles Valuations, First Look at Alaska’s JFK Lounge and More
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
TPG breaks down how points and miles stack up for the month of May.
With the merger of Alaska Airlines and Virgin American complete, the airline has officially opened its long-awaited lounge at New York’s JFK Airport.
See how much the relative costs of luxury travel accommodations are for super-rich Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
With the new Amex Offer, you can earn 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend $300 or more with Hilton — on room rate and room charges.
All of the best business credit cards offer a menu of additional perks outside their respective rewards programs.
Cold War stereotypes and jokes aside, Aeroflot won this particular space race when it came to seat space and comfort. It also boasts good service and a low cost.
Viking Cruises is rolling out the longest-ever continuous world cruise itinerary with its new ‘Ultimate World Cruise‘ — an eight-month voyage throughout six continents, 59 countries and 113 ports.
In other news…
Alaska Airlines and Air France-KLM Officially End Partnership
This was announced back in December, but the partnership officially ended this week, which means you can no longer credit Air France-KLM flights to Alaska’s MileagePlan.
IHG Rewards Club Members Can Take 50% off with “Reward Nights Sale” in Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean
The sale runs from 8:00pm EDT on Monday, April 30, 2018, to 11:00am EDT on Monday, May 7, 2018, for stays from May 1 through June 30, 2018. Redeem Rewards Club points by visiting www.ihg.com/rewardnights, or the participating hotels’ websites.
A Wall Street Journal report on how top management, using updates from the cockpit and passengers’ phones, put the emergency-response plan into action in Philadelphia and Dallas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.