This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
You probably haven’t heard of Bamboo Airways, but after that ambitious Boeing order, it may become more familiar.
The card ranked No. 1 will get you access into 1,303 lounges.
For some reason it overshoots the airport…
A passenger on the flight reported that “SWAT came and told us to pull our phones away and leave (our) hands up.”
It looks like there are some perks to the new program following the Marriott and SPG merger.
You don’t want to miss out on this deal.
In the words of Travel Editor Melanie Lieberman, “it delivers.”
The food wasn’t amazing, but the service was.
In Other News. . .
You can get up to $10 off two rides to or from select parks in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens and Staten Island.
Sir Michael Caine is in it!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards