JetBlue Founder’s New Airline, Hope for Silver Medallion Elites Upgrades, American Cancellations and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue, sent out hints that he may be starting a new airline in the US – and it may be here in 2020.
TPG shared a few ways Silver Medallion Elites can make it to an upgraded seat, since it typically seems impossible.
American’s technical issues meant so many cancellations.
Some fraudulent charges slipped by Editor-at-Large, Zach Honig, and he accidentally paid them. You can avoid this.
TPG’s Ravi Ghelani reviewed an adventurous seaplane flight from Seattle to Orcas Island.
Norwegian Air is adding new routes from Canada.
We broke down the best credit cards for travel this year.
Ultimate Rewards Travel Center isn’t that user friendly, so we spelled out a few ways you can get the most value for the resource.
Now that’s a lot of zeros.
Delta’s rolling out the new CRJ regional jets – and they’re spending hundreds of millions of dollars on them.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.