JetBlue Founder’s New Airline, Hope for Silver Medallion Elites Upgrades, American Cancellations and More
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue, sent out hints that he may be starting a new airline in the US – and it may be here in 2020.
TPG shared a few ways Silver Medallion Elites can make it to an upgraded seat, since it typically seems impossible.
American’s technical issues meant so many cancellations.
Some fraudulent charges slipped by Editor-at-Large, Zach Honig, and he accidentally paid them. You can avoid this.
A Magical Experience: Flying a Kenmore Air Seaplane From Seattle to Orcas Island
TPG’s Ravi Ghelani reviewed an adventurous seaplane flight from Seattle to Orcas Island.
Norwegian Air is adding new routes from Canada.
We broke down the best credit cards for travel this year.
Ultimate Rewards Travel Center isn’t that user friendly, so we spelled out a few ways you can get the most value for the resource.
Now that’s a lot of zeros.
Delta’s rolling out the new CRJ regional jets – and they’re spending hundreds of millions of dollars on them.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.