JetBlue Founder’s New Airline, Hope for Silver Medallion Elites Upgrades, American Cancellations and More
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue, sent out hints that he may be starting a new airline in the US – and it may be here in 2020.
TPG shared a few ways Silver Medallion Elites can make it to an upgraded seat, since it typically seems impossible.
American’s technical issues meant so many cancellations.
Some fraudulent charges slipped by Editor-at-Large, Zach Honig, and he accidentally paid them. You can avoid this.
A Magical Experience: Flying a Kenmore Air Seaplane From Seattle to Orcas Island
TPG’s Ravi Ghelani reviewed an adventurous seaplane flight from Seattle to Orcas Island.
Norwegian Air is adding new routes from Canada.
We broke down the best credit cards for travel this year.
Ultimate Rewards Travel Center isn’t that user friendly, so we spelled out a few ways you can get the most value for the resource.
Now that’s a lot of zeros.
Delta’s rolling out the new CRJ regional jets – and they’re spending hundreds of millions of dollars on them.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees