Readers Favorite Hotel Perks, Best Ways to Maximize Your Trip to Chile, July Valuations and More
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
This Is the Hotel Perk Travelers Value Most
Free breakfast came out on top against room upgrades, lounge access and other hotel perks.
TPG‘s Eric Rosen broke down the best way to maximize your trip to Chile airline-by-airline.
Check out how much your points are worth this month – and see how the SPG and Marriott merger’s new award rates might affect future valuations.
At 16 hours, the route from MNL to JFK will be the eighth longest non-stop flight.
Spend $5,000 in 3 months and get $900 worth of points back – but time is running out!
Apparently it’s not the FAA’s place to regulate.
These cards’ current offers might make you think twice about applying for them.
Watch the 777-200LRs get a complete refresh with TPG‘s Editor-at-Large Zach Honig.
In Other News. . .
Pro tip: if you have a Discover card, add it to your Amazon account to increase your chances of being targeted for this offer.
You might want to check out this targeted offer if you’re a regular Sam’s Club customer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.