Welcoming Mommy Points, Best Family-Friendly Airlines, Shoe Suggestions for Frequent Flyers and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
It was a momentous week for TPG – a new vital member has been added to our team, and you may recognize her.
Would you be surprised at which airline is made the No. 1 slot?
TPG broke down some tips on keeping your feet comfy, but make sure those shoes stay on your feet!
An unfortunately-named aircraft is trying to step up its game with new interior design.
Please, please don’t do these 12 things.
More information on the Marriott merger unfolds. Now, we’ve got some important dates.
The big day is quickly approaching, so don’t let these tasks sneak up on you.
That’s right: Basic Economy just got a little less burdensome.
“And before I go, we didn’t create any situation, we flew the aircraft in a safe manner, and my boss will be in contact with your boss. Good day.” Yikes.
Read how TPG reader Kathryn saved $15,000 thanks to her Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard.
One More Thing. . .
You really can’t lose with free WiFi.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.