TAP’s New A330neo, Sir Richard Branson on Talking Points, Uber Elite Status and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Airbus Delivers World’s First A330neo to TAP Air Portugal
Replacing the original A330 series, the A330neo has an upgraded business class but the same 2-4-2 economy configuration.
Brian Kelly talks all things Virgin with the one and only Sir Richard Branson.
Your previous six months of activity on Uber products will count toward your rewards.
TPG Senior Strategist Darren Murph’s Air Flight flight made for a very photogenic trip from Papeete to Los Angeles.
Royal Air Maroc’s CEO is coming to New York City and people are speculating that the airline is joining Oneworld.
TPG’s Mark Spivak outlined the most underrated gifts you can give a fellow traveler this holiday season.
Two words: facial recognition.
There are a few ways to protect yourself.
If you’re a real AvGeek, you’ll probably want to get a bite to eat on this plane-turned-restaurant.
The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong’s restaurant might just be on your bucket list now.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.