The Best Airport Food, How to Fly Delta’s Best Planes Within the US, Team TPG’s 2018 Elite Status Strategies and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
These airports have the most appetizing cuisine to the people who dine there the most.
Normally, these Delta aircrafts are reserved for long-haul international flights, but you can take advantage of the select domestic routes that they’re being used for.
See where three of the biggest travelers from TPG stand in terms of miles and segments, and how they’re working toward elite status.
It was specially “designed” by Pharrell Williams.
Everything’s a hefty price at Disney, but this expense is probably worth your while.
Traveling can be stressful for everyone — but for travelers with disabilities, the challenges are often still insurmountable.
It wasn’t all in our heads: JFK is so hard to travel from.
Pocketing This Coveted Souvenir in Italy Could Cost You $3K in Fines
You might think you’re slick by taking this souvenir home for show and tell, but you might just regret it.
TPG’s JT Genter flew Gulf Air’s 787-9 from London to Bahrain. Most of the flight was pretty spot-on, but there was no WiFi on board.
This TPG reader knew what he was doing when he used points to avoid a lengthy bus ride in Jordan.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees