This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A family trip to Walt Disney World is magical… and exhausting. Comedian John Crist says what every parent visiting Disney World thinks but may not always say.
Spectacular food, stellar service, a great seat, the allure of the Boeing 747 and even a Porsche Cayenne to top it all off. Lufthansa’s famed First Class is legendary for a reason: this is flying in serious style.
So you’ve booked a basic economy fare on American Airlines? Here’s what you need to know before flying about carry-on bags, checked bags, seats and boarding.
A new Boston Globe report uncovers a program dubbed Quiet Skies in which federal air marshals follow unsuspecting US citizens through airports or in flight.
Activist groups in Santorini, Greece are demanding the government to do something about the poor working conditions and mistreatment of the island’s donkeys.
The lightly salted peanuts are gone but will never be forgotten.
One person will strike it rich through Citi’s new “Feel Like a Million Points” sweepstakes, and several others will take home big chunks of ThankYou points as well.
The longest flight in the world. In economy?! Say it ain’t so.
The proposal would end screening for airports that serve jets with 60 seats or less.
You’ll have a few days to sign up before new welcome bonus restrictions go into effect.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees