First Flight for Longest-Range Aircraft, Goodbye to Virgin America, United’s Retrofitted 777-200 and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
The A350-900 ULR took off from Airbus’ manufacturing headquarters on Monday, completing its first test flight before its delivery to Singapore Airlines later this year.
United’s just beginning to retrofit its 777-200 fleet — take a look to see how it measures up.
Got Amex Membership Rewards points to spare? Check out which airlines offer the best business-class seats using those points.
TPG reviews Virgin America’s farewell flight.
After last week’s tragic incident involving the death of one passenger on a Southwest flight, experts weigh in on the airline’s maintenance history.
Spoiler alert: Honolulu International Airport (HNL) is on the list.
It’s powered by six Ivchenko Progress D-18T turbofan engines.
JetBlue will begin selling seats on semi-private jets beginning in May as part of a new codeshare partnership with public charter operator JetSuiteX. The seats will be available to book on JetBlue.com, the airline announced on Monday.
Check out exactly how much the average pilot makes every year.
Need we say more? Come hang out with The Points Pups all day, every day.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.